Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No AF dining rewards card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No AF dining rewards card?

I know you said you'd feel uncomfortable with it, but the AARP is a wonderful dining card. I'm in my early 20s but I have the AARP card (just leave that question blank on the application) and I'm not embarrassed at all. Also, it is an extremely attractive card. I was shocked at how good it looked when I saw mine in person.

Message 31 of 83
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I also think the PayPal extras card sounds appealing but their must be some reason more people don't have it. I almost never hear it mentioned here yet it's 3x dining with no annual fee. Why isn't it popular?
Message 32 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
I also think the PayPal extras card sounds appealing but their must be some reason more people don't have it. I almost never hear it mentioned here yet it's 3x dining with no annual fee. Why isn't it popular?

if i remember correctly, the points isn't worth much. there was other website that reviewed it, and point wasn't even a cent to a dollar.

Message 33 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

AARP or Huntington Voice

Hope we get some 5% Restaurant cards soon.

Message 34 of 83
kdm31091
Super Contributor

That's an important detail! I wonder how the points on the chase Amazon visa work. If they are ultimate reward points that's fine because they're at least 1 cent each.
Message 35 of 83
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

It works out to be 2.5% cash back.  I think a lot of people simply do not realize it has 2.5% and apart from restaurants, the point system is marginal.  Additionally, the CSR's are non english speaking, which can be a bit irritating.  With that said, I can say that CLI are approved frequently and are done via SP.  Prior to receiving the CSP, I used this card exclusively for restaurant purchases - which equates to about 900+ a month for me.  Now, it is only used for eBay purchases.

Message 36 of 83
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Now I can't decide! Amazon Visa...PayPal mc...regular sapphire if they let me downgrade....AARP.... Aah! The nice thing with the Amazon is it also includes drugstores at 2x. I work at a drugstore so constantly buying stuff.
Message 37 of 83
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Actually the PayPal MC is kinda attractive as I would like to get in with GE and they pull TU > 700 score I have... So that is a positive.  So baically 2.5% back on restraunts?  I would do the Chase AARP, but after my recent denial for the Ritz I am going to give Chase some breathing room for 6 months for my freedom to age then go for the CSP/Ritz again..  So in the meantime, it doesn't appear to be a bad dining card at all...  How do you renew rewards?  Statement posts and check/credit of account or another method?  Monthly or as transactions post?

Message 38 of 83
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
That's an important detail! I wonder how the points on the chase Amazon visa work. If they are ultimate reward points that's fine because they're at least 1 cent each.

They are not ultimate reward points, but can be redeemed, 1c per point, for statement balance.

Message 39 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wouldn't the AARP just be the Cat's meow if it gave 3x URs for Dining?
Message 40 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.