Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No AMEX CLI for me...

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No AMEX CLI for me...

Rather than closing prg I would look at downgrading it to zync and using it solely for cable and phone bill... Decreased AF and you still get some rewards with it...
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 14
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Hi Empty -

If you don't mind me asking, what is your income? I've opened a couple of cards since my Costco TE approval in May, and I'm tying to weigh my approval odds of a cli in November...BTW, my come is low 6 figures.

Thanks,

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 12 of 14
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Income is about 95-100k

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 13 of 14
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

No one should expect a 3x cli be anywhere close to automatic.  I think we hear of a lot of approvals on 3x for people's first Amex revolver.  Amex often is a bit conservative so 3x takes it to extremely generous cl in 61 days.  Its the frequency and the method they do cli (soft) that make Amex revolvers easy to grow.  Given the information, doesn't surprise me you didn't get cli.  They weren't offering you more cl on subsequent Amex approvals.   For me, first Amex revolver half what they gave me on 2nd revolver even though 3-4 months separating apps.  For you, it went down and then stayed about the same.  Remember there is difference from risk perspective from giving someone 3 5k cards vs one with 15k.  Easier for Amex to take bigger losses on one card with big limit vs 3 smaller limit ones.   Funny thing, Amex has recently started allowing limits to be moved between cards.  so that is your backdoor method.  My guess is they stopped allowing limit movement given what I said above of it being higher risk during the wake of 2008 financial crisis.  However it is back now.  My recommendation is that you move a little limit around so you show higher limit card so computer can see you can handle it.  However don't move too much over so that difficult to get cl up on the now reduced cl card.  Ome technique that used to work was move limits over.  Cancel the crappy limit card.  Reapply for new card in couplloaf months later and get limits more similar to original cl on new card.  Hope that made sense,

Nice post Crashem (as usual). Lot of great points. Just wanted to throw it out there that Amex allows CL movement from a card only after 13 statements. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.