Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No AU credit?

tag
jay33
Valued Member

No AU credit?

Ok, I'm really new to FICO world.  So if I'm added on as an AU I won't be abe to get the credit history of the account?  Has this gone into effect yet.  I can't find a clear answer.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No AU credit?

jay33 wrote:
Ok, I'm really new to FICO world.  So if I'm added on as an AU I won't be abe to get the credit history of the account?  Has this gone into effect yet.  I can't find a clear answer.

Currently, if you are added as AU, you will get the entire history of the account.

When FICO 08 goes into effect, AU accounts will stop counting for FICO scoring purposes.  They will still appear on your CRs, but they will be ignored by the scoring algorithm.

FICO 08 has not gone into effect.  It is expected sometime this year, but nobody knows for sure if/when it will happen.
Message 2 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I *think* I read somewhere that EX was the farthest along in implementing FICO 08, but still no definite timeline for full implementation.

I also read that EQ isn't going to implement it until their lawsuit with Fair Isaac is over.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 8
jay33
Valued Member

Thanks for the info.  I just got added as an AU on two store CCs and a bank CC.  I'm hoping to get my score up and apply for a secured CC.  Any thoughts on where I should go?  alot of people say CU's or someplace like BofA.

EQ 583
EX 615
TU 563
Message 4 of 8
cobra19
Valued Contributor

jay - if you have three new (presumably good) accounts showing up soon, you may not have to look at secured cards. I know when I added my sister as an AU on 2 of my AMEX cards, she saw a 50+  point jump in her scores.

You may not see 50 poitns, but you should be in the low-mid 600's.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 5 of 8
jay33
Valued Member

So lets say with a 30-40 point increase in score what unsecured could I apply for?  Right now it seems I only get secured offers.
Message 6 of 8
jay33
Valued Member

bump
Message 7 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@jay33 wrote:
So lets say with a 30-40 point increase in score what unsecured could I apply for? Right now it seems I only get secured offers.

If your EX goes up a little I would say you have a shot at getting an Amex Gold Delta Skymiles card. You could also try for a Green on the same inquiry as long as you apply for both on the same day.

I'm sure Capital One would also give you an unsecured card with your scores.

Message Edited by FretlessMayhem on 05-06-2008 03:33 PM
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.