Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No CLI from Target

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

No CLI from Target

I just received my 3rd month statment from Target and it still show $200 CL. No CLI as some of the other posters got their CLI with the 3rd month statement.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No CLI from Target

My cl went from $200 to $500 the day after my 2nd due date. Now 7 months later I'm still at $500. I used it last month to buy a wireless mouse but that will be it for a few months
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine did too..It may be tomorrow con..
Message 3 of 17
jackg
Established Contributor

My 3rd statement reflected a credit limit increase from $200 to $500. However, I didn't expect this to happen.
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 4 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It seems like there are always a flurry of posts once a quarter with regards to CLIs from Target. I first signed on in August, and I know I'm not pulling from much history, but I've noticed CLIs came heavy in September and December, or at least postings here.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I talked to CSR from Target last week and he told me that all Target Red Cards eventually become converted to Target Visas with adequate usage and timely payments.  I know this is BS.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My due date is the 2nd, I think the CLI hit about the 15th-20th...
Message 7 of 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

That is interesting.  My statement cut just yeterday. Then I still might have a chance to CLI on Target.
Message 8 of 17
MsKmm00
Regular Contributor

I received a preapproved application in the store - the card was opened with a $300 credit limit.  The limit was increased to $500 on my third statement.
Message 9 of 17
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

I've had my Target card for a year now and still no CLI. Called in last month to cancel and they wanted me to keep the card since it "might" (in their words) upgrade to the Target Visa. I wasn't sure if this was a ploy to have me keep the card or a hint to me that they'll be upgrading my Redcard to the Visa. I decided to keep the card for another few months to see if they'll upgrade me. Otherwise, I'm probably going to close it sometime in the Spring. My CL is a measly $200. I haven't had a balance on it for several months and thought if I called in, they might consider me for CLI. No sirree. Just playing the waiting game now. Smiley Very Happy
02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.