Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No CLI

@Aduke1122 wrote:
I would close out most of them store cards now , it's gonna be way hard to inquire good bank card lines with that many new accts and store ones at that.
I'm not disagreeing with you because I don't know.  Why do people say this?  Why does it matter?

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with aduke.  SLOW DOWN.  Getting that many inq in 3 months may spook some of the cards you have.  The Inq are pulling down your score.  Capital 1 is going now more a very tight cli plan.  DW & I just got good increases on our QS cards.  Capital 1 is looking at 6 months and they are counting it down to exactly 6 months. Credit is not a race it is long   marathon.  I understand it can be a thrill to apply and get new cards but have you tried my new hobbies gardening and cli?  If you want good rates on a home loan or card they are very important. 

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Credinator. It seems as if Cap 1 is really tightening up on the increases for many. I was not able to get a pre-credit steps increase until about 4 1/2 months after account opening and it was only for $300. And my credit steps was only $500. But, then again, I didn't heavily use my cards most months. Maybe they will be different for you if you use heavily and PIF. YMMV. 

And as others said, you should probably stop apping now and garden. And consider closing some of the cards you don't need. Too much available credit in such a short period of time can appear as too much credit seeking and spook current and future ccreditors. Sooo, take it easy, garden and watch your scores grow! 

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be closing 6 store cards which have 0 balance when I get home tonight.

I'm staying with the below:

CAP1 

DISCOVER IT secured 

SAKS

VS

Credit One 

Neiman Marcus 

Overstock

Target 

Ultamate

The below have cards have balances and will be closed once PIF:

Express

Forever 21

Merrick Bank

Do you think this should better my situation? 

Message 24 of 26
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

Your situation isnt that you have cards OPEN, its that you OPENED those cards in the first place (if that makes sense). Wait a couple of years, by that time all traces of the inquiries should be dropped and you would have a solid 2 year paid timeline with your current cards, and by that your score should drastically improve.

Now you got to do the hardest thing of rebuilding- waiting.

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I think Credit One is a bigger shark than Merrick.  Credit One is owned by Sherman.   Dw has a Merrick card she keeps simply for AAOA of over 4 years.  She uses 2X a year now to keep it open and it has a limit over $4,000  It makes great padding.  I would trash the Credit One. 

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.