Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Citi PC

tag
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

No Citi PC

I have had the Citi Platinum Select Visa and it has been sockdrawered since I now have rewards cards. I was inspired by another thread to try and do a PC to one of Citi's rewards cards. I called today trying to PC to the Citi Forward and they said that I have to do a new app (no PC) and I asked if it would be backdated and they said no. Anyone else do a successful PC like this?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: No Citi PC

@scientifics wrote:

I have had the Citi Platinum Select Visa and it has been sockdrawered since I now have rewards cards. I was inspired by another thread to try and do a PC to one of Citi's rewards cards. I called today trying to PC to the Citi Forward and they said that I have to do a new app (no PC) and I asked if it would be backdated and they said no. Anyone else do a successful PC like this?

Call again...  Unless there's something specific about your account, you likely had a lazy/misinformed CSR.

Since January 2011, I have converted

Forward to Dividend Platinum Select (~Feb)

Dividend Platinum Select to Dividend World MasterCard (~May).

Give it another go, then if you still get rejected, we will have to see whats up.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 11
sgs10
Regular Contributor

Try again with a different CSR I was able to change my platinum select to Dividend select just mentioned I wanted better rewards. Good luck

Message 3 of 11
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

I called again this morning and it was a success! There is a 45 day waiting period, but my account number, CL (my highest), and interest rate (my lowest) will remain the same (or so the CSR said)! Hopefully that's true!

Message 4 of 11
smc733
Valued Contributor

Awesome!  What did you convert to?

From what I understand, the APR and CL should remain, but I think they are mistaken when they told you the account number will remain the same.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 5 of 11
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

I converted to the Forward card! Looks like it has some great rewards, and I hear they classify Amazon purchases (not digital or Marketplace though) as a bookstore so you get 5x points for all Amazon purchases. And I think the account number stays the same becasue I'm converting between two Visa products (I think if you change between Visa/MC/Amex your account has to change though).

Message 6 of 11
smc733
Valued Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

I converted to the Forward card! Looks like it has some great rewards, and I hear they classify Amazon purchases (not digital or Marketplace though) as a bookstore so you get 5x points for all Amazon purchases. And I think the account number stays the same becasue I'm converting between two Visa products (I think if you change between Visa/MC/Amex your account has to change though).

So that may be true.  I went Visa>MC, then MC>World MC, so it is possible that Visa Plat>Visa Plat retains the number.

Congrats and enjoy it!  Forward has some great rewards.

Message 7 of 11
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

I was thinking more about this PC (I have 45 days) and I'm assuming it will just piggyback on to my current account (so the age doesn't change and nothing gets "closed")...am I right?

Message 8 of 11
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

I was thinking more about this PC (I have 45 days) and I'm assuming it will just piggyback on to my current account (so the age doesn't change and nothing gets "closed")...am I right?

So interesting news... I've been thinking about converting my Diamond Preferred for a while now since I have no rewards. After thinking about the TY Preferred Card and the Forward card, I decided I would rather convert to the Forward card. WELL, I just got off the phone with a Citi account manager who did have the ability to convert the card to a Citi Forward card (first line CSRs could not) and lone behold they state that converted cards are not eligible for the "promotional" 5X points back that new card holders get. Rather, converted cards get the 2X points back. She looked this up (as initially she said she was not sure) and she herself was surprised that it was 2X and not 5X for converted cards. You may want to give them a ring back just to make sure you are getting the Forward card you wanted... I was peeved to say the least.

Message 9 of 11
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Interesting...they told me it was 5x (this was a front line rep). Maybe I should call the Credit Dept. backdoor number? What do you think?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.