Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Discover Auto-CLI - BUMMER!

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

No Discover Auto-CLI - BUMMER!

I am bummed. In reading here, I know some have enjoyed auto CLI's from Discover every three months during their first year. Well, my third statement just cut (PIF) and I was in hopes to see a nice bump when I logged on to the site.

But nope! Still the same old $1500 line. I should state that I have run close to $8500 (just checked) through this account in the last three months and I though that might be "good enough".

For those of you that have seen these automatic increases, how soon have you seen them after the statement cuts???

Thanks,

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: No Discover Auto-CLI - BUMMER!

I have had my Discover for a year now, and I have only received one auto CLI of $250, and that was about 6 months after I opened my card. I don't think Discover does many auto CLIs anymore.

Message 2 of 11
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

My mom got her Discover in 11/2010 at $1,500 limit.  It went to $1,800 after 3 months, and $2,100 just recently.

So they do still do auto-CLIs for some people.

She has only put about $2,000 through this card in that time.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 3 of 11
miltown81
New Contributor

I received my More card in late August of last year with an initial CL of $3000. I have PIF every statement up until last month. I have not seen any auto CLI's as of yet.

Starting Score: 711
Current Score: 819
Goal Score: 820

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Got an escape card with $5000 back in Sept of 2010..and run about 500 per month and PIF..and nada on any limit increse

Message 5 of 11
BoSox617
Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

I am bummed. In reading here, I know some have enjoyed auto CLI's from Discover every three months during their first year. Well, my third statement just cut (PIF) and I was in hopes to see a nice bump when I logged on to the site.

But nope! Still the same old $1500 line. I should state that I have run close to $8500 (just checked) through this account in the last three months and I though that might be "good enough".

Hi RockinRay,

Based on my research here, it appears that Discover issues two types of cards: (1) one type receives auto-CLIs every 3 months for the first 9-12 months, (2) may or may not receive auto-CLIs.

You may want to call Discover and ask for a CLI - be sure to ask if it would require a soft or hard pull (Discover CSRs are fantastic, IME, and actually understand the difference!).  I received a customer-initialed CLI late last year (soft inquiry) after 7 months of heavy usage - I told them I wanted the increase for holiday spending (which was true).  I called for one a couple of months ago, and they told me it would require a hard inquiry (I declined).  Lately a lot of folks have been reporting that CLIs will require hard pulls.

Some folks have reported receiving a CLI soon after posting $50 cashback rewards for statement credit - I tried that once, no increase (but to be fair, I did this shortly after receiving my CLI).  So this is a YMMV thing.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

As they often say here--YMMV.

Message 7 of 11
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Thank you for this information!

This morning, I did initiate a $50 statement credit and will wait and see if that is enough to get the CLI. If not, I will give them a call late this week to see what they have to say.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 8 of 11
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@BoSox617 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Hi RockinRay,

Based on my research here, it appears that Discover issues two types of cards: (1) one type receives auto-CLIs every 3 months for the first 9-12 months, (2) may or may not receive auto-CLIs.

You may want to call Discover and ask for a CLI - be sure to ask if it would require a soft or hard pull (Discover CSRs are fantastic, IME, and actually understand the difference!).  I received a customer-initialed CLI late last year (soft inquiry) after 7 months of heavy usage - I told them I wanted the increase for holiday spending (which was true).  I called for one a couple of months ago, and they told me it would require a hard inquiry (I declined).  Lately a lot of folks have been reporting that CLIs will require hard pulls.

Some folks have reported receiving a CLI soon after posting $50 cashback rewards for statement credit - I tried that once, no increase (but to be fair, I did this shortly after receiving my CLI).  So this is a YMMV thing.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Seems that now if you get a CLI through Discover's automated system it's a soft and if you have to speak to a CSR it's a hard.

Message 9 of 11
BoSox617
Contributor

RockinRay: You're welcome! 

Scientifics: I never tried the automated system (phone), I always call to speak directly with a CSR/analyst for CLIs.  Thanks!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.