Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Duck Card online app?

tag
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

No Duck Card online app?

So finally was going to fold and app for the duck card, wasn't apping for a while so I was letting balances report. So the past month I was paying off before statement cuts so alot of $0's would post.  Now I go to app and they're making you call to apply. No online app option. I hate apping over the phone. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No Duck Card online app?

Not anymore and I would seriosuly think about delaying any app with them, the current card holders have been and continue to go thru hell with them http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/OCCU-Duck-and-Beaver-cards-compromised-Keep-an-eye-on-y...

Message 2 of 12
RockySC
Established Member

What is the big deal with these cards anyway? Is it just the high credit limits that they seem to give out?

Message 3 of 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@RockySC wrote:

What is the big deal with these cards anyway? Is it just the high credit limits that they seem to give out?

I would avoid the card right now!!! A good friend, got her the duck card and it has been on lock down and she can't even use it!!!! It's a lot going on with them for some reason

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 12
RockySC
Established Member

Oh trust me, I have no intention of signing up for either of them. I didn't plan on that even before I heard that news. I'm just wondering why people make such a big deal out of them. I don't see any benefits to them at all other than it being just another easy to get card to add on the pile.

Message 5 of 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@RockySC wrote:

Oh trust me, I have no intention of signing up for either of them. I didn't plan on that even before I heard that news. I'm just wondering why people make such a big deal out of them. I don't see any benefits to them at all other than it being just another easy to get card to add on the pile.

In my book!!!! Monkey see Monkey do >>>>> I know they were giving huge CL's

Edit; I am not calling anyone a monkey!! It's just a saying if you know what I mean!

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 6 of 12
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@RockySC wrote:

Pass that banana  Smiley Very Happy

This could be a totally new thread but 20K credit limit, 0% interest, no annual fee.  Pretty nice if you just want something to help out with utilization if nothing else.  Add to that, for someone just starting out trying to get higher credit limits on apps in the future, could be nice for the cc companies to see a larger CL which might help in them receiving a higher initial CL.  For me, I really haven't used the card as I didn't go for the rewards card but I'll let it ride with it's 20K limit until I see fit to thin the herd.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 7 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Apparently and inevitably the Christmas season Duck/Beaver bash had to close the Bonus Booth and move on to the next Carnival Smiley Happy

Benefits?
Very Strong Addition To Utilization.
Automatic 12 month 0% APR also fot BT.
Ho hums but there nonetheless.
2% gas/groceries
1% everything else.

Redeemable for statement credit at 1 year anniversary.

I think that's about it with the exception of 3% for Duck Store Purchases which includes some electronics, books, etc.
Message 8 of 12
12njoy
Super Contributor

Hello all,

I think the well has dried up.  There have been people posting with good/great stats who have been getting denied. 

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 9 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Yep, I think it's safe to say with confidence that train is left the station. It was good while it lasted.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.