Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Experian FICO Score Even After Creditor Hard Inquiry

tag
Thunderseven
Regular Contributor

No Experian FICO Score Even After Creditor Hard Inquiry

I thought we were still suppose to be able to get our true FICO score for Experian after applying for credit and allowing a hard inquiry?  I just applied for a CC (denied) and when I spoke to the EX representative I was told they do not provide FICO scores at all, just their scoring model.  I also asked the CC company and they refused to tell me anything about my score.  What gives?  How can I find out what my true EX FICO score is now that I've applied for credit and allowed a hard inquiry?
Thunderseven.....TU-8 835 (11/02/2023) EQ-8 822 (11/02/2023) EX-8 828 (11/02/2023) I don't ask for much, the truth will do just fine....
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: No Experian FICO Score Even After Creditor Hard Inquiry

Unless you live in Pa or are going for a mortgage you won't see your Experian score.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are right, if you are applying for credit and are denied you are entitled to a copy of your credit report (not your score).

The only times I have got my score has been from friendly Loan Officers when I applied for my car loan and for a mortgage... and that was given to me cause I asked nicely.

Just allowing a hard enquiry doesn't mean you will get access to your score 

Message 3 of 6
score_building
Senior Contributor

you can get a free report from EX but not a real EX fico score as PP indicates.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 6
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Thunderseven wrote:
I thought we were still suppose to be able to get our true FICO score for Experian after applying for credit and allowing a hard inquiry?  I just applied for a CC (denied) and when I spoke to the EX representative I was told they do not provide FICO scores at all, just their scoring model.  I also asked the CC company and they refused to tell me anything about my score.  What gives?  How can I find out what my true EX FICO score is now that I've applied for credit and allowed a hard inquiry?

As pointed out by others, that's generally a rule of thumb for mortgage, not credit cards, although select and occassional companies may offer it or give it to you.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 5 of 6
Thunderseven
Regular Contributor

Thanks to all.
Thunderseven.....TU-8 835 (11/02/2023) EQ-8 822 (11/02/2023) EX-8 828 (11/02/2023) I don't ask for much, the truth will do just fine....
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.