Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Interest Rate options?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Interest Rate options?

Hello all... I recently had a rather large increase to my interest rates on my WaMu card. It's been at a modest 10.5% for, well, since I got it in '05, but they just jacked it. So I called Cap1, haven't had a balance on that card for year or more and they transfered the balance, 0% for 6 months, 9.49% after that. Not bad, I can deal with that. I also called WaMu though to see what the story was. They just raised it to raise it. I asked if there was anything we could do to bring it down. There were no offers, no negotiating, etc. I've never really had to deal with WaMu; they've actually been really really good to me but does this sound right. What are your thoughts on a card company not doing *anything* without an offer for a lower rate. Is it really that set in stone until by the grace of WaMu they give me a break?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No Interest Rate options?

I will say that this is my only complaint about WAMU-

When the decide they are going to do something- they do it and there is no changing their mind about it-

So they did not give you ANY reason? AA?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No Interest Rate options?

No, no reason. They said in December they sent me something to opt out but I don't really ready through the 7 pages of stuff they send me. Even then, I could have *closed* the account. I have NEVER made a late payment but do generally carry a higher balance on it. Its the card I buy a computer on kinda thing. I will say the only thing I could see them not liking is how long I pay things off on it. I had a balance of $1500 of $2000 and paid $100 a month. Of course, that's how I've done it since I had it in early college. :-/ My Amex has a higher rate so i just do small things, my Cap1 is just ugly so I didn't use it much. LOL I have my eye on a Citi card but I hear they aren't nice either. Moral of the story, all CCC's suck. LOL
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.