Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Luck with GE Authorized Users

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

No Luck with GE Authorized Users

I can't get any of my GE accounts to add my brother or my mom to the CRA's.  We've waited many, many, MANY months.

Though they sure add me to DH and him to me if we ask.

Brother uses our address for mail and my maiden name is on my reports, both his and my mom's last name.  Any Advice??? I want to help them.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Re: No Luck with GE Authorized Users

Some do report some don't.

Message 2 of 9
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Yes, I do know that.

I'm asking if anyone knows any way to force this to happen? Because GE says they DO report AU's.
STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 9
Scope27
Regular Contributor

They do report. I'm guessing they have to live in the same household as the primary account holder. I added my fiancee to my Walmart card and they reported within a week of me adding her as an authorized user.
Message 4 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

+1 to scope

GE cards afaik only ask for the name. They then look up the person based on their name and YOUR address. If they have a different address chances are they wont report. You could call up and ask them but i dont know if they'll do it.
Message 5 of 9
100down0monthly
New Contributor

Anyone have anything to add to this thread?  I know it's a few months old, but was hoping to get a bit more definitive information.  There are a lot of conflicting comments on the topic when I do a search.

I'd like to add my wife to my Wally Discover and Paypal Extras cards.  Obviously, she has the same address.  Will these accounts show up on her CRs if she's added?

Message 6 of 9
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@100down0monthly wrote:

Anyone have anything to add to this thread?  I know it's a few months old, but was hoping to get a bit more definitive information.  There are a lot of conflicting comments on the topic when I do a search.

I'd like to add my wife to my Wally Discover and Paypal Extras cards.  Obviously, she has the same address.  Will these accounts show up on her CRs if she's added?

Did for me and my DW.  I added her to my wallymart card, and it showed up on her CR's almost immediately.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 7 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

My DH is on my PayPal MC. It reported almost a week after I added him back in February (Ex and EQ). I noticed a month ago it was not on his TU. I called Cust Ser and they said they would update his info again. Just yesterday, he received a letter saying that they requested his information to be reported to all 3 bureaus. I'll pull his TU again later this month to see if it worked.
Message 8 of 9
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Never been an issue for the AU on my GE accounts, we do not have the same last name but we do live at the same address.

Good luck!

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.