Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No More Cards - EVER

tag
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

No More Cards - EVER

I have an Amex BCE and was waiting to garden for a whole year before I apped for my card of choice - nothing extravagent - just Amex PRG

Seeing it was going to be a SP if declined, I decided to bite the bullet and have a crack at it now, knowing that my score would have taken a tumble anyway over the last few weeks of apping - i can now spend "forever" gardening Smiley Wink I do not think there is EVER going to be a time when I app for another cc - No need, perfectly happy with what I have Smiley Wink

I have learned that there are ALWAYS going to be "offers" - "Pre-Approvals" or some other "super dooper" card to have - but common sense says you have to draw the line somewhere? Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: No More Cards - EVER

Message 2 of 20
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Lexie - It looks like (in my signature) that I am growing a cannabis plant! lol

Message 3 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 4 of 20
Poki
Valued Member

Well, you do have nice cards.

Are you sure you don't want a new shiny one sometime in the future? Smiley Tongue

"Neither a Borrower Nor a Lender Be"
Message 5 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Congratulations.

I wouldn't declare "No More Cards - Ever" at this stage though.  Apart from the super-dooper card that is coming next March, it may also be that your needs change (e.g. you need to fly frequently to a place best served by KLM, so it might make sense to get a card from them or their affiliated airlines).   But it's certainly good to get out of the habit of constantly thinking "What shall I try for next?"  Hopefully, one day I will do the same...

Message 6 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

Thanks Lexie - It looks like (in my signature) that I am growing a cannabis plant! lol

Reduce the seedling size (60) to (42) and it will show better play with it for best results  

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 20
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

lol Pokie - Nope, I can get into enough trouble with the ones I have - but i'm not dumb enough to let that happen Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

I have an Amex BCE and was waiting to garden for a whole year before I apped for my card of choice - nothing extravagent - just Amex PRG

Seeing it was going to be a SP if declined, I decided to bite the bullet and have a crack at it now, knowing that my score would have taken a tumble anyway over the last few weeks of apping - i can now spend "forever" gardening Smiley Wink I do not think there is EVER going to be a time when I app for another cc - No need, perfectly happy with what I have Smiley Wink

I have learned that there are ALWAYS going to be "offers" - "Pre-Approvals" or some other "super dooper" card to have - but common sense says you have to draw the line somewhere? Smiley Wink

Sounds like a plan.  At this point I think your well....is super dry!  LOL Robot LOL

Either way, congratulations and very good results... you have a very large garden to tend to and enjoy/best of luck with your new CCs... use them/treat them well.

Here's a preview of the garden...

Message 9 of 20
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

ooohh - can i get that nice sun bathing spot in the middle please? lol

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.