Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No More Citi Dividend PCs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No More Citi Dividend PCs?

Called multiple times, chatted multiple times. I think there is really no way to get the Dividend anymore sadly.

Message 21 of 56
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Called multiple times, chatted multiple times. I think there is really no way to get the Dividend anymore sadly.

Unlikely but I wonder if there is also now some name issue.    Once the Dividend moved from Visa to MC it now appears in my account simply as "Citi Mastercard" (it continues to show my Dividend Dollar balance) while the Double Cash still shows as Double Cash.    So maybe the name isn't in use any more. 

Although I imagine CSRs might also get confused if you asked to PC to the Mastercard!

Message 22 of 56
OmarR
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarR wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I really messed up now. I already have a Citi Double Cash and I applied for a Citi Premier 6 months ago. The only reason I applied for the Citi Premier was because I wanted a Citi Dividend card and planned to product change after 1 year. Since I am not at the 1 year mark, I tried to call it just a moment ago and product change my Double Cash to the Dividend, but was told that it can't be done!

The CSR said that my Double Cash can't be converted to the Dividend card because most of the features are the same, but if I want to get a Dividend card it would have to be a new application (likely incorrect), and she said she can either product change my Double Cash to another product or transfer me to the application team. Man...if I suspected this would happen I would've product changed my double cash to this months ago and then just product changed my premier back to double cash later down the line.

Try the online chat. That is how I PC'ed mine.

Chat said to me that I have the following options:

1. Citi Premier
2. Citi/AAdvantage Executive
3. Citi Rewards+
4. Citi Prestige Card
5. Citi Thank you Preferred Card
6. Citi Diamond Preferred
7. Citi Premier.

I don't know why they listed the Premier twice, but anyway, what card did you product change? Was it a Double Cash and how long ago did you do it?

Yes, it was Double Cash to Dividend, and it was around Jan of this year. But who knows, maybe they have discontinued that specific product change now.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 23 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's too bad. I got the rewards card in July.. I originally planned to PC it to the DC. But I got an amex BBP 2x MR'S. I figured I'd give the dividend a try after 1 year to go along with my Discover quarterly cash back.
If I can't PC it then my Citi rewards will only be used for charges that range from . 01 cents - 4$. Since I'll get better rewards with other cards.... I guess I can't complain now all I need is a card better than 2x MR'S at drug stores, and on utilities. I really hope they allow people to PC to Dividend but seems like a lost cause.
Message 24 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unlikely but I wonder if there is also now some name issue.    Once the Dividend moved from Visa to MC it now appears in my account simply as "Citi Mastercard" (it continues to show my Dividend Dollar balance) while the Double Cash still shows as Double Cash.    So maybe the name isn't in use any more. 

Although I imagine CSRs might also get confused if you asked to PC to the Mastercard!

Checked all three bureaus 08/22/19 and they report: TU CITI;  EX and EQ report CITICBNA with no references whatsoever to card type.

Message 25 of 56
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Checked all three bureaus 08/22/19 and they report: TU CITI;  EX and EQ report CITICBNA with no references whatsoever to card type.

Yes, CRAs don't have indication of card type (well apart from flexible etc indicating tier).   But for PC you don't talk to them!   So my point was that if Citi internally has stopped using the name Dividend, CSRs won't find it as an option, when they look in their system and most of them might not know the history.

Message 26 of 56
FieryDance
Frequent Contributor

Canceled my Dividend and got Citi Costco a couple of years ago. Are you saying there is no chance to go back?
Message 27 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, CRAs don't have indication of card type (well apart from flexible etc indicating tier).   But for PC you don't talk to them!   So my point was that if Citi internally has stopped using the name Dividend, CSRs won't find it as an option, when they look in their system and most of them might not know the history.

Follow your reference to the internal systems at Citi when CSRs lookup accounts and available opportunities. For some reason I took off thinking we were talking credit bureaus and the CSRs would not even go there. Got it. Glad you followed back as I do understand what you are saying for the internal at Citi.

Message 28 of 56
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@FieryDance wrote:
Canceled my Dividend and got Citi Costco a couple of years ago. Are you saying there is no chance to go back?

Regardless of the availabilty of the Dividend, PCs away from the Costco Visa aren't allowed by Citi.

Message 29 of 56
FieryDance
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@FieryDance wrote:

Regardless of the availabilty of the Dividend, PCs away from the Costco Visa aren't allowed by Citi.

Thank you for the info.  We will have to keep our Costco membership then.  Smiley Tongue

Message 30 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.