Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Target Auto CLI for first time

tag
user979797
Established Contributor

No Target Auto CLI for first time

I've posted over the years about my Redcard and how I have had it for years and never gotten a increase until a few years ago when they put me on the auto cli and I posted about it but every 3 months I would get a auto increase of around 3 or 400. I've been waiting and hoping my card will get the MC upgrade as I have had it for many years and it's my oldest account.

Yesterday like clockwork my statement cut but no AUTO increase. This has never happened before and I do not remember reading any posts where people on the auto cli train suddenly stop getting increases so I was hoping to see if any of you know anything about this. I'll post stats.

Opened in 2012 Never late never overlimit never maxed all the way out

credit score is much higher now than when i obtained the card and my other accounts are either at zero or under 30% utilization. I have no   loans or any other types of credit and my inquiries have not increased and are currently at 2 across all three CRAs. Heavy usage. either pay in full or pay under 30% and update income once a year updated last month.

>
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: No Target Auto CLI for first time

Depending on a auto increase isnt wise. They are never a gaurentee  and vast majority never receive them. Count your blessings that you were getting them especially  on a Target card. Dps are useless here anyway because like Discover, Target marches to its own beat.

Message 2 of 14
user979797
Established Contributor

I was more hoping for the MC upgrade than depending on the auto increase; It seemed getting the auto increases is how you got the upgrade eventually and I just didn't remember reading about someone getting them for years and then they stop and not get the upgrade. Thank you and your right about how they march to their own beat maybe this is something new or I just didn't know about it.

>
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar to AJC's comments, I think this is the most unpredictable card we discuss here.

I think it was almost a lucky fluke that you were receiving what seemed to be regular CLI's on this account.

The one pattern I think I've noticed is this card actually liking higher utilization or carrying a balance. I had it nearly maxed out for a month or two early in my rebuild  (I had such a low limit . . I think it was a $300 purchase that did this) and received a CLI then.

With everything going on in the financial world right now it's probably even harder to make sense of it.

Message 4 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Similar to AJC's comments, I think this is the most unpredictable card we discuss here.

I think it was almost a lucky fluke that you were receiving what seemed to be regular CLI's on this account.

The one pattern I think I've noticed is this card actually liking higher utilization or carrying a balance. I had it nearly maxed out for a month or two early in my rebuild  (I had such a low limit . . I think it was a $300 purchase that did this) and received a CLI then.

With everything going on in the financial world right now it's probably even harder to make sense of it.

+1

Message 5 of 14
CivalV
Established Contributor

You're def. not alone. My Target card had auto cli's every 4 months and now it has been 6 months and nada. Weird but I believe it is due to this pandemic. 

Message 6 of 14
MeN5
Regular Contributor

@user979797 Mine did the same started at 300 4mo later 600 3mo later 900 3 mo later 2100 1yr later still at 2100 hoping for a cli soon

Message 7 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Mine didn't get a single one for 14 years, then I started getting them every June and December beginning in 2016.  Strangely I didn't get one when my December 2019 statement closed, though.  Maybe next month?

Message 8 of 14
creditfan
Established Contributor

approved 1K SL on June2016, make a small purchase every 6 months to prevent from unactivity. Until Dec 2019 I did a big purchase at target that I ever made with redcard for ~$140.00. I received an auto CL to $3k and mail upgrade offer early 2020

Message 9 of 14
aloush11
Regular Contributor

@MeN5 wrote:

@user979797 Mine did the same started at 300 4mo later 600 3mo later 900 3 mo later 2100 1yr later still at 2100 hoping for a cli soon

+1 - I'm in the same boat. I've been at 2100 for little over a year. I called the other day to see if they would upgrade me to the MC and was told it's by invite only. It's a better kept secret than the Amex Black Card. 

If it helps, I don't carry a balance. I PIF and charge on average $300 per month. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.