Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No US Bank Cash+ for me.

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

No US Bank Cash+ for me.

All was going well with the recon. Got through all the right channels. They did not initially approve me for the Cash+ but instead gave me a Cash rewards card with a $2500 limit. I offered to close out two other accounts with a combined limit of $1500. They said that should work and they will talk to underwriting. Long story short. It was a no go, they would not budge on that last $1000 needed for the approval of the signature card. Instead, I ended up with that whole $4000 being combined into my oldest account which had a prior limit of $500. They said in 6 months I should be good to go for the signature card, they will CLI and PC the card.

I am okay with this, but was really hoping to secured that Cash+ card. I have a feeling it may go away someday in the not so distant future. It just seems to good to be true. Any thoughts?

I should look at is this way, I got a bunch of cards on my app spree. It will be good to garden for 6 months anyways.

Help me to stay APP free!!! Smiley Happy

I think my scores are right around 680. I think in six months they will be up to 730ish. Then I will be looking for more app's. I hope come April the CCC's are offering some nice promos.

Sorry kinda random post, but thought I'd kinda summarize my app spree. I think I am an example of it being way easier to start with no credit than bad credit.

US Bank College Visa $4,000                 CLI 10/12

US Bank Flexperks Signature $5,000    Opened 6/12

Chase Freedom $5,000   Opened 10/12

Citi TY Pref $5.000    Opened 10/12

Amex HHonors $2,000    Opened 10/12

BB Store Card $3,000   Opened 2/12

Crap1 Journey $1,500   Opened 2/12

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

Re: No US Bank Cash+ for me.

Just looked it up, the Cash+ is indeed a good card. Now if they threw in a signup bonus then we'd be talking lol. Just stick to your plan and you'll be good to go in 6months. Smiley Very Happy

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 2 of 40
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@xboxrunner wrote:

Just looked it up, the Cash+ is indeed a good card. Now if they threw in a signup bonus then we'd be talking lol. Just stick to your plan and you'll be good to go in 6months. Smiley Very Happy

Maybe in six months they will have a sign up offer and I will be glad I had to wait. Smiley Indifferent

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 40
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@xboxrunner wrote:

Maybe in six months they will have a sign up offer and I will be glad I had to wait. Smiley Indifferent

Yeah good point! US Bank seems like a nice bank, if I ever have problems with Citi I might have to switch over. Citi has been great so far though. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 40
Dustink
Valued Contributor

To me, it offers the best cash back rewards of any card with no AF.

5% back on two categories of your choice. Plus a $25 bonus with every $100 redemption. Plus a bonus for being a checking package member....Looks pretty good to me

Message 5 of 40
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I have a citi. chase, bofa, US Bank, and a bunch of other banks right near my house. So it is hard for me to choose the right bank. For now, I am sticking with US Bank. If a bank offers me something great for switching, I may think about it.

Message 6 of 40
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

Yeah occasionally banks offer up to $100 or so to open a checking with a minimun deposit. That would be sweet, free money Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 40
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

sorry to hear its a no go, hopefully in 6 mo's you'll get it! GL

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 8 of 40
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Side note:

Just ran the simulator on credit karma. My AAoA is going to drop below 6 months when all my accounts post. I simulated adding just one more account, and it thinks the score will go from 742 to 665. Ouch, I hope the creditors don't freak out.

Message 9 of 40
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@migliogiorni wrote:

sorry to hear its a no go, hopefully in 6 mo's you'll get it! GL

thanks for the encouragement. i am hopeful as well

Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.