Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No amex cli since opening 8 months ago

tag
accjohn1990
Contributor

Re: No amex cli since opening 8 months ago

Kudos for your response.  I do not value amex much because they are not accepted often, but it would be nice to have more available credit

Message 11 of 16
Gramz
Contributor

I wouldn't sweat it. Put yourself in their shoe, if you have someone that wanted to borrow more money from you and have outstanding debt, would you give them more money and you know with their income if something happen they wouldn't be able to cover it.  Life happen and they do not want to be stuck with a debt that cannot be repay.  Like what everyone stated already pay down your debt, up your income and Amex will extend more credit.  Also with all them inquiries it's seem like your desperate for credit. 

Gardening ‎10-13-2017

FICO 8[10-25-2017] EX: 706, EQ: 714, TU: 719
FICO 8[1-04-2018] EX: 714, EQ: 737, TU: 721
Message 12 of 16
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

OP, if you've gotten a denial, AMEX won't consider another request for 91 days. However, requesting too soon isn't a full-fledged denial, and it doesn't reset the clock. Because you don't have your letters, you may want to contact AMEX and find out when you're eligible to try again. I'd guess that one of your requests is an actual denial and others are the result of requesting too soon.

Also, keep in mind that you can only CLI one card at a time. Once you do that, it resets the clock for all of your cards.

Message 13 of 16
accjohn1990
Contributor

A letter came in the mail today and it said the reson for denial was that i have too many inquries.  How long should i wait before requesting another cli?  Could their be other reasons not stated on the letter that will also result in a denial for me?  

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

With 55 inquiries, I would wait until they are 1 yr old before requesting a CLI.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

A letter came in the mail today and it said the reson for denial was that i have too many inquries.  How long should i wait before requesting another cli?  Could their be other reasons not stated on the letter that will also result in a denial for me?  

Until those inquiry’s fall off. That is a crap load of inquiry’s. Good thing they stop affecting score after one year and fall off after two. And also making 25k there is only so much they will approve one for. They need to see experience and you have a few cards with higher limits. As you start making more and showing you can handle current levels for a while they will give more. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. It will happen with time.just keep asking when you are allowed for cli.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.