cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No annual fee 3% CB for grocery and dining besides Cap1 and Bank of the west?

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: No annual fee 3% CB for grocery and dining besides Cap1 and Bank of the west?

@staticvoidmain wrote:

I am surprised AOD hasn't been mentioned at this point.

Not everyone wants to pay dues to join a bike club and snail mail copies of their ID docs just to get denied for a credit card.

Message 31 of 38
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: No annual fee 3% CB for grocery and dining besides Cap1 and Bank of the west?

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@staticvoidmain wrote:

Not everyone wants to pay dues to join a bike club and snail mail copies of their ID docs just to get denied for a credit card.

IDK, $5 to join a bicycle club was well worth it for me. I never had snail mail anything. I uploaded the documents and was approved the next day. It was a 3 day process total. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 32 of 38
Goos
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I asked this before and i'm curious what options there is for a 3% CB for Grocery and Dining besides the Cap1 SavorOne and the Bank of the west cash back world MasterCard. The Bank of the west card is a non-starter for me.

I was looking heavily at a Cap1 SavorOne but honestly it seems they don't people with their credit being too good or too poor. Seems like they want people at like a 650 FICO and when you start to approach over 700 your likely to be rejected. I guess they want to make money off interest and fees and not interchange fees. They have rejected people in the past for too few or no revolving accounts having a balance Smiley Happy

I did apply for it two years ago or so when my profile was very new and was denied with that being one of the reasons despite them giving me a pre-qualifcation. 

Thoughts? 

https://www.cardless.com/cavs it's actually 6% for the first year . 

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JNA1 wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@staticvoidmain wrote:

IDK, $5 to join a bicycle club was well worth it for me. I never had snail mail anything. I uploaded the documents and was approved the next day. It was a 3 day process total. 

I think it's mainly about the extra hoops in general, some people prefer the simplicity of hitting the apply button and being done. I guess it all depends on the amount of extra steps a person is willing to put into it. 

Message 34 of 38
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@staticvoidmain wrote:

I think it's mainly about the extra hoops in general, some people prefer the simplicity of hitting the apply button and being done. I guess it all depends on the amount of extra steps a person is willing to put into it. 

And with AOD, there was always the fear that it's going to end "real soon now" so the effort would be wasted.  Now, nearly two years later, it must be "really really soon"!

Message 35 of 38
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@staticvoidmain wrote:

I can understand that, and I agree that it might not be worth it for some people. For the value I've gotten from the card, it was well worth what I consider a very mild inconvenience to acquire the card. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 36 of 38
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@staticvoidmain wrote:

And with AOD, there was always the fear that it's going to end "real soon now" so the effort would be wasted.  Now, nearly two years later, it must be "really really soon"!

Yeah, AOD takes some effort to get. Not everyone is up for that... A lot of the "unicorn" cards have been nerfed as well, but so far AOD is holding strong. (I see banks doing most of the nerfing around here btw). The $5 for NEABA is easily earned back, so that's a non issue. Just make sure your DTI is in check and your EQ is clean.

But show me another card with

- 3% on anything

- no AF

- 7.49% FIXED apr

- no FTF

- no cash advance fees

- solid reliability when traveling

If you want the simplicity of carrying one card with you, I haven't seen a better option.

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've definitely considered AOD and it's even on my short list along with Cash+ and a couple others, it's certainly a great optiong to use for an non cat/everything card after BCP and my Dining option. Which is on the chopping block in April as Amex Gold just doesn't have anymore uses for the forseable future. Maybe in 2025 or so when unrestrictive traveling opens back up and I can use my point on more useful things rather than applying to purchases as a statement credit.

I also feel that I need to purge some of my cards and get down to only a basic few with concentrated spend rather than having so many spread all over. My spending in 20/21 has been reduced so much that I barely even use most of them anymore, basically just BCP for groceries and Citi DC for general spend. And teh occasiona Gold use easting out maybe three to four times a month. 

I doubt I'll ever cut back to 1-3 cards, but I could see myself limting my spend to only 3 depending on the categories. 

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.