cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No credit history at all, what are my options?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No credit history at all, what are my options?

Does Well Fargo report as a secured card?

I can't apply for the CapitalOne because I just got rejected for their newcomers card and think it says to wait 45 days to be able to apply with them again. Not 100%.

Message 11 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

WF does report as secured, so does BoA and 99% of all secured cards. BoA is probably the best one just because of rewards, and from what I've heard WF is really iffy with graduating.
Message 12 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

Go with DCU and you'll also get a free Fico EQ score every month which will be a great tool to start with. They graduate their cards and have the best rates, and is one of the best credit unions in the States by far.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 13 of 16
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

Before apping everywhere, if you have a bank or CU account somewhere try there first, see if they have a secured card. Everything takes time so don't get impatient and go app crazy it won't help.

Message 14 of 16
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

www.whogavemecredit.com

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 15 of 16
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

If you're a student, just about all the big banks (including Discover) will either have relaxed standards for students, or some student-specific card.  The first ever tradeline on my CR was a Discover I got as a 19 year-old college freshman.

Also, if you have deposit accounts with a bank that offers credit cards, you might want to talk to someone at your local branch about your odds for approval.  The first bank to approve me at the start of my rebuilding process in 2011 was Wells Fargo; I think the fact that I'd had checking and savings accounts with them since 1997 (along with a stable direct deposit paycheck into my checking account with them) greatly helped my approval.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.