cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No friends or family have Amex to add me as Auth User. Any work arounds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No friends or family have Amex to add me as Auth User. Any work arounds?

Hi All. I'm getting ready to apply for Amex  revolver I think BCP or something .. the one with no AF.

I asked and asked.. and no one that I know well has an Amex issued card.. just Co Branded like USAA and such.

I would *really like to get an Amex club date established via an AU add so that I can call and ask them
to backdate my Amex (not yet apped) .

Is there any work around ? (Edited per Irish)

Just wondering. I pay forwarded this already and added my Roommate to my Chase Freedom.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No friends or family have Amex to add me as Auth User. Any work arounds?

I have an MSD of 1980. For enough cashola, I'll add you to mine. Smiley LOL

In reality, it wouldn't do you any good since your MSD would be when you were added, not the primary's date.

Message 2 of 13
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All. I'm getting ready to apply for Amex  revolver I think BCP or something .. the one with no AF.

I asked and asked.. and no one that I know well has an Amex issued card.. just Co Branded like USAA and such.

I would *really like to get an Amex club date established via an AU add so that I can call and ask them
to backdate my Amex (not yet apped) .

Is there any work around or do-gooders on this sites that occasionally help ppl out
for the app process then remove the AU once its all in?

Just wondering. I pay forwarded this already and added my Roommate to my Chase Freedom.

Thanks Smiley Happy PS I hope this is not outside of the bounds of this forum .

Question is would you feel comfortable with giving someone online your SSN just in hopes that they will add you to their card? I personally would just app for a card if you really want to get an MSD. Try the Delta card, it seems to be the easiest of them all. Then once you're in you can just SD if you'd like or use it, give it some time and app for the one you really want. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In reality, it wouldn't do you any good since your MSD would be when you were added, not the primary's date.

I know you are joking but there can be no discussion of anyone adding members to their cards for pay.

OP, you cannot ask other members to add you to their cards.  Not allowed on this site.

Message 4 of 13
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I think he just wants to establish a MSD, I could be wrong though but that's what I gathered from reading the OP

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

I think he just wants to establish a MSD, I could be wrong though but that's what I gathered from reading the OP

OK I think I understand.

I thought I read somewhere they once your AU had a backdate, you could call CS and ask for them to apply that date to your new card.

I guess I had read wrong. TY all!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know you are joking but there can be no discussion of anyone adding members to their cards for pay.

OP, you cannot ask other members to add you to their cards.  Not allowed on this site.

Sorry, feel free to delete it.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh why not? Free enterprise!
Message 8 of 13
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

OK I think I understand.

I thought I read somewhere they once your AU had a backdate, you could call CS and ask for them to apply that date to your new card.

Some members have been lucky enough to get them to do it though. Not impossible but doable

Message 9 of 13
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

OK I think I understand.

You are not wrong, that was my post an it is possible to copy an AU's MSD to your MSD. I did this with a AU's store branded card, so you can add your friend with the USAA co-branded AMEX, and once the AU gains the backdating to match the USAA card, request the AU AMEX date be transferred to you.

Try it over live chat first.

Reference thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-Backdating-primary-holder-through-AU-with-DSNB-store/m-p/3839710

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.