cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No go on formerly WAMU/now Chase Product change.

tag
mphan
Contributor

Re: No go on formerly WAMU/now Chase Product change.

@Anonymous wrote:

So hopefully we will all be getting rid of wamu cards sooner rather than later.

lol. 

---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 61 of 66
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Purple CALL!! Lol!

Try that other number they gave you, I got no's every other time. I just asked about adding rewards to my account, It took less than a min.

No other questions asked! I heard 5 "no"s before the yes. You can do it!

Message 62 of 66
stefanc
Regular Contributor

I second what ralbusta said

As I posted in another WAMU thread here, maybe the key is "adding" rewards to the account, rather than asking for a prodcut change.

As with ralbusta, I had 5 telephone no's and 1 email no then a painless Yes... 

Message 63 of 66
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@My2cents wrote:

The product change also come with a change in policy.  The new cards(Chase perfectcards/Disney/TJMaxx/Freedom) are all reward cards and they give you money back.  For example

Chase perfectcard gives you 6% cash back on gas purchases for the first 90 days, which is good.  So if you spend 200.00 in fuel for the month that card will give you 12.00 bucks back so the new cards mean money back.

pH call 800-945-2004 and tell them that you would like to have the Chase perfectcard rewards added to you account.  You can thank my2 later.

Used 800-945-2004. Told the guy my card has been converted from WaMu rewards to Chase rewards and actually wanted the rewards the Freedom card had. Reading me the new card policy stuff took 90% of the total time spent, and I got it on the first try. I have PIF for over a year. Scores are in the mid 700's

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 64 of 66
krielly
Established Contributor

I had a former WAMU Petsmart Visa. I had been under the impression that I would NOT be getting a new card until mine expired.

In Saturday's mail, I received the Chase Rewards VISA. Same account number, CL, etc....

I guess I have the "basic rewards" card you just mentioned. When you called to request the Freedom Rewards instead, did they do a hard pull to approve you?

Thanks

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 65 of 66
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@krielly wrote:

I had a former WAMU Petsmart Visa. I had been under the impression that I would NOT be getting a new card until mine expired.

In Saturday's mail, I received the Chase Rewards VISA. Same account number, CL, etc....

I guess I have the "basic rewards" card you just mentioned. When you called to request the Freedom Rewards instead, did they do a hard pull to approve you?

Thanks

K

No hard pull. I guess they probably used the WaMu score, or see my payment history....PIF for along time now.

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 66 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.