No hard pull on new AMEX's? Edit: was on Experian

tag
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

Re: No hard pull on new AMEX's?

AMEX Platinum - no specific credit limit, NPSL

AMEX Platinum Delta - $15K, NPSL

AMEX Starwood - $15K, NPSL

They had insta-cut me off after using like $220K in credit across my other cards for this experiment. And I suppose they were watching that saga unfold and saw I didn't go bankrupt and eventually paid it off no problems, despite their games, so I guess I'm good now

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the Platinum for almost two years, and recently added the SPG with no hard pull.

Message 12 of 18
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

FYI, got the Simply Cash without a hard pull.

WALLET: Amex BCP 25K | Barclay Arrival Plus 27K | Chase Reserve 20K |
Amex SimplyCash 50K

FICO: EX 812 | EQ 815 | TU 815
Message 13 of 18
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@gen-specificwrote:

AMEX Platinum - no specific credit limit, NPSL

AMEX Platinum Delta - $15K, NPSL

AMEX Starwood - $15K, NPSL

They had insta-cut me off after using like $220K in credit across my other cards for this experiment. And I suppose they were watching that saga unfold and saw I didn't go bankrupt and eventually paid it off no problems, despite their games, so I guess I'm good now

So you did get two revolvers on the same day.  Interesting.

Looks like another data point showing the 1/5 rule is no longer a thing.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

re: experian app not showing score

Sign up for freecreditscore.com, you will need to have a different username than you used to sign up for Experian. Once you're in, you will see it is the Experian site, but with the bonus of a free Experian FICO score.  When you log on to the app with that new username it should also show you your score.  Hope that helps.

Message 15 of 18
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Sign up for freecreditscore.com, you will need to have a different username than you used to sign up for Experian. Once you're in, you will see it is the Experian site, but with the bonus of a free Experian FICO score.  When you log on to the app with that new username it should also show you your score.  Hope that helps.

haha noice!

Message 16 of 18
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

American Express' online website gives free Experian Fico Score 8 too

just got signed up with all my new cards

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 17 of 18
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:
Out of curiosity what cards did you get in your app spree and what were your starting limits? I’m wondering if they’re really treating you like a newcomer after having shut you down before.

So this is interesting, the AMEX Platinum says cardmember since 2013.

The SPG and Delta say cardmember since 2018.

shrug.

Anyway, spoiler alert I did get 1 hard pull on Experian.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.