Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No love from Victoria's Secret or Express either

tag
CBuff
New Contributor

No love from Victoria's Secret or Express either

Ugh.  Bad day!  I just received responses to both VS and Express to my GW letters for late payments.  No good Smiley Sad  Although TU says they will drop from my CR this month anyway, but I know it takes a while to update.  I hope they both drop this month and report to all 3!
Starting scores in 2007: sub 600
April 2011 scores: EXP - 662; EQ - 683; TU - 675
June 22, 2011 scores: EXP - 662; EQ - 694; TU - 685
June 29, 2011 scores: EXP -681 ; EQ - 694; TU - 710
Goal: 700+
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No love from Victoria's Secret or Express either

Were the lates 30, 60, or 90 etc? It is possible that they are not affecting your score if they are over 7 years anyway.

So just be patient.

Message Edited by jaybee on 01-30-2008 04:42 PM
Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@CBuff wrote:
. . . .Although TU says they will drop from my CR this month anyway, but I know it takes a while to update. I hope they both drop this month and report to all 3!

I think that when stuff drops off from age, it's automatically done on the credit bureau side, and doesn't need an update from the creditor. I think.

I gained some points in December from two cards that had their "birthdays." The score hop happened on the 12/1, even though the cards were opened later in the month. I got eensy score hops as each inquiry fell off on the actual date that I applied.

So I hope that your baddies, however much they were counting, will automatically go away for you, possibly even on the first of the month!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:

I gained some points in December from two cards that had their "birthdays." The score hop happened on the 12/1, even though the cards were opened later in the month. I got eensy score hops as each inquiry fell off on the actual date that I applied.

This gets me excited about "birthdays" again!  I think this is about the only thing I have to look forward to with respect to credit -- the passage of time.

The one positive I can say about VS is that they were very generous with CLIs with me (even in my darkest days of credit).  I rarely PIF and I still rec'd increases.  I started around 400 and I'm now at 1400  --  that's a lot of underoos!  (Don't forget you can use the card at Bath and Body Works.)

Watching the clock....
Peas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.