Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No luck reversing Juni CLD via Backdoor Number

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No luck reversing Juni CLD via Backdoor Number

Wish I had had the same kind of luck Remy had (remydogman's success story post on Backdoor Numbers thread) with Juni. I just called the backdoor number. Spoke with a very nice lady and they did the authorized hard pull.

No increase for me although she did say that my history with them and CR in general is good. She said just keep doing what I've been doing and call them back in 2-3 months.

I took the opportunity to tell her exactly what I thought about how they have done their customers and asked if if Juniper cared about the negative effects their decision to drop cl's has had on consumers. I got an apology but no increase.

If I didn't need the cl I'd dump this card.

(This post was split off from the Backdoor Numbers thread - trying to keep Backdoor Numbers from becoming ginormous again. - Scamp)

Message Edited by Scamp on 01-27-2009 07:22 AM
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: No luck reversing Juni CLD via Backdoor Number

@Anonymous wrote:

Wish I had had the same kind of luck Remy had with Juni. I just called the backdoor number. Spoke with a very nice lady and they did the authorized hard pull.

No increase for me although she did say that my history with them and CR in general is good. She said just keep doing what I've been doing and call them back in 2-3 months.

I took the opportunity to tell her exactly what I thought about how they have done their customers and asked if if Juniper cared about the negative effects their decision to drop cl's has had on consumers. I got an apology but no increase.

If I didn't need the cl I'd dump this card.

Did she at least give you a reason why you were denied an increase?

(edited to fix reply title to match new OP title)

Message Edited by Scamp on 01-27-2009 08:16 AM
Message 2 of 18
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

What's funny is that they told my husband the same thing:  "Keep doing what you're doing and call back in a few months."

He was only asking for a CLI, though.  He's had a card with a $500 limit and 22% interest for 15 months now, with perfect payment and a varied pattern of utilization (sometimes paid off, sometimes charged halfway up, sometimes all the way up and then paid back to zero.)  I think this is what card issuers like to see, BTW.  They like to see that you can run it up and pay it back down and then use only part of the credit.  Perfect payment history, too.

This was after she told him that they are giving out "very, very few CLI's."  She said this more or less immediately, without taking much time to research the matter.  She also told him that 22% is the lowest rate he is eligible for.

I'm sure they have various "grades" of cards and he seems to be stuck in crappy grade.

(reply title edited to match OP title)

Message Edited by Scamp on 01-27-2009 08:17 AM
Not applicable

Scamp...sorry bout that. I should have started it as a new post to begin with. (no worries!)

Oracles...no reason given other than the need to lower their own bottom line. I asked her if Juni was aware that they were doing so at the expense of the consumer and she actually said no. That's when we got into the discussion about util and people having to go out and seek credit to make up the difference and in some situations not being able to get more credit because of the false max out and score drops r/t them dropping lines. Her response was that most people aren't aware of the effect util has on their scores. (Makes me wonder if they were banking on getting minimal reactions to their decision to drop lines).

She did say that along with reviews to drop lines, there will also be periodic reviews to increase lines and if I just keep doing what I've been doing, I should get an increase. She also mentioned reviewing my other accounts in order to eval for an increase---isn't there something about this in that bill of rights?

Anyway, I'm feeling a little bit distraught right now. I, like so many others here have busted butt to make things right after being in the pits of the credit world and I'm wondering what's the point if factors beyond our control can just knock us right back down again.

Maybe it's just winter blahs 

(title edited to match OP title)

Message Edited by Scamp on 01-27-2009 08:20 AM
Message 4 of 18
oracles
Valued Contributor

I am really sorry about this goingforadream.

the only thing we can do that is in our control is to pay our bills quickly.

This way we will be in the driver's seat and then these same companies will be begging us for our business and we will be able to tell them yea or ney.

Message Edited by Scamp on 01-27-2009 08:20 AM
Message 5 of 18
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Oracles is right.  In this economic climate, people who formerly had great or good credit are slipping, and those of us who are doing everything right will eventually prevail.  I just feel that in my gut. Eventually the banks will realize who the valuable customers are.
Message Edited by Scamp on 01-27-2009 08:21 AM
Not applicable

Oracles,

I'm wondering about the wisdom of appling for another card but I don't want my cr hit with an inq that results in a denial.

Juni just pulled TU and a couple of days ago I had all 3 hit when I took out a small bank loan to pay for having my transmission replaced (shop just opened up after splitting up a family business and isn't set up for credit cards yet). I'm planning to use tax refund to pay the loan off and pay off cc balances. You think I should go for it or wait? I'm still waiting for one of my W2's to come in so refund might be like a month off yet.

Message Edited by Scamp on 01-27-2009 08:21 AM
Message 7 of 18
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oracles,

I'm wondering about the wisdom of appling for another card but I don't want my cr hit with an inq that results in a denial.

Juni just pulled TU and a couple of days ago I had all 3 hit when I took out a small bank loan to pay for having my transmission replaced (shop just opened up after splitting up a family business and isn't set up for credit cards yet). I'm planning to use tax refund to pay the loan off and pay off cc balances. You think I should go for it or wait? I'm still waiting for one of my W2's to come in so refund might be like a month off yet.

What does your credit report look like?

You definitely need to place yourself in a great position to be approved, therefore indeed wait until you have that money and pay down your bills. You will have a lower util% and your score will increase.

Waiting 1 month is nothing and can be the difference between approved and denied.

How many inquiries have you had in the last 6 months? Have you tried first to see if you can get increases from your other credit cards?

give us some more info pertaining to your reports.

Message Edited by Scamp on 01-27-2009 08:22 AM
Message 8 of 18
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Whew - okay, everybody who posted above, I forgot to fix the title of oracles' first reply to going when I created the new thread, so that reply and everyone else's still referred to the backdoor numbers thread.  I just went through and fixed all the titles, so if your post says it was edited by me, it's just that (y'all were posting so fast on here, I gave up inserting indivdual notes explaining what my edits were! lol)

Just so you know why your posts now say I edited them. Smiley Wink

I now return you to your regularly-scheduled thread discussion.  Smiley Tongue

(edited for typos)

Message Edited by Scamp on 01-27-2009 08:28 AM

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores listed below are most recent. I have no collections. BK 2003 with a judgement (paid) from prior to bk. 1 judgement (also paid) since bk that is currently being disputed because it does not belong to me.

Juni has $900 balance (from Christmas) with limit off 1k (was $2250 before they dropped my line).

Wamu has a $400 balance with 3k limit. Denied cli--I'm waiting to find out what happens with this one. I did get a letter re new terms

Best Buy $400 limit and I just spent $60 of it to keep the card active. Denied increase stating it's not a card they can increase but I'm welcome to app for another BB card

Lowes just gave me an increase to something over 2k with $700 balance.

Wells fargo (furniture store card) has 5k limit with 2k used.  

I owe 8k auto loan to wells fargo and 90k on my house

The there's the $2400 bank loan I just picked up the check for yesterday.

I made approx 60k last year and on track for about 55k this year.

All accounts are in good standing with no lates on anything

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.