Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more B of A secured card?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

No more B of A secured card?

did bank of america stop offering the secured card. i was thinking about applying and when you click on the secured card it no longer comes up and takes you to the platinum plus with 0% apr and no annual fee. is bank of america no longer offering the secured card?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: No more B of A secured card?

Holy crap you may be right.  I can't find it anywhere on their card selecter list either.  Maybe an error?
Message 2 of 12
Brusilov
Established Contributor

I did find an existing link for the secured here:

http://www.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/index.cfm?template=cc_secured.cfm

I wonder if they just have made it less public, or only an option as a counter?

Message 3 of 12
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@CreditDrama85 wrote:
did bank of america stop offering the secured card. i was thinking about applying and when you click on the secured card it no longer comes up and takes you to the platinum plus with 0% apr and no annual fee. is bank of america no longer offering the secured card?

I just did the online chat thing and the answer is NO they no longer offer this card online. You must now go into a BOA branch and apply in person. I have an account and there is a branch down the street so I guess I'll hop my happy arse down there and find out what's going on.

Another one bites the dust.

Message 4 of 12
Brusilov
Established Contributor

That really sucks if that is the case.  I was planning on getting a BofA Secured within the next month or two but since all we have around here is 5-6 BofA ATM's and no actual branch locations...it's starting to look like it won't be an option.  I'll have to either load up the collateral on my present WF card, find another secured option, or just wait it out for a while longer.
Message 5 of 12
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I followed the link in post #3 and it brought me to where I can sign into my checking account to continue to apply (there's another link if you don't have an account with them).  I didn't want to go forward though.  Can those of you looking to apply just follow the link?
11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Found the CC when I used the pre-approval tool. I wasn't offered (nor am I looking for) a CC, but offered the fully secured card instead.
Message 7 of 12
Brusilov
Established Contributor

I followed the link and it would seem you're no longer able to apply online, but you can print off the application and send it to BofA.  You'll notice if you follow the pre-qual app for secured it just redirects you to the platinum card, as does the listing of the secured in "Most Popular" in the listings.
Message 8 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

llecs wrote:
Found the CC when I used the pre-approval tool. I wasn't offered (nor am I looking for) a CC, but offered the fully secured card instead.

Oooops. While I saw a link to the secured CC, the link was dead and it took me back to the CC page.
Message 9 of 12
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:
Does that tool result in a credit pull?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.