cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more CLI for Dillards Credit Cards ??

tag
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

No more CLI for Dillards Credit Cards ??

Hi Dillards shoppers!

I have had their credit card for over a year now. I shop there quite a bit. There is no online process for CLI requests. Wells Fargo issues and services their credit cards. So, I call in. The CSR was actually short and cold. She said "We are no longer issueing credit line increases for the Dillards credit card."  I was stunned and said, "WOW! I guess that takes care of that." Then I hung up. 

I went online searching for, perhaps Wells Fargo was ending their relationship with Dillards. All I could find is that their contract is still in effect until 2024.  Has anyone heard anything or know anything more about this?

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Bradac56
Regular Contributor

Re: No more CLI for Dillards Credit Cards ??

That is to be expected.  The chances of Dillards being around in 10 years is pretty low.

Message 2 of 14
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

I tried to call in a CLI some time in 2020 and remember the CSR telling me something similar.

Message 3 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Dave4fun wrote:

Hi Dillards shoppers!

I have had their credit card for over a year now. I shop there quite a bit. There is no online process for CLI requests. Wells Fargo issues and services their credit cards. So, I call in. The CSR was actually short and cold. She said "We are no longer issueing credit line increases for the Dillards credit card."  I was stunned and said, "WOW! I guess that takes care of that." Then I hung up. 

I went online searching for, perhaps Wells Fargo was ending their relationship with Dillards. All I could find is that their contract is still in effect until 2024.  Has anyone heard anything or know anything more about this?

CLIs literally stopped shortly after the Dillard's CC program transitioned from GECRB/SYNCB. So, I wouldn't hold out any hopes for CLIs to return anytime soon. Plus, no one here knows what will happen when their contract is up in 2024, they will either renew it, go to another lender or exit things altogether -- a lot can change in 2 years.

Message 4 of 14
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@Bradac56 wrote:

That is to be expected.  The chances of Dillards being around in 10 years is pretty low.

I hope you're wrong. Dillard's was one of my favorite stores when I lived in Dallas. Between them and Neiman-Marcus, I could always count on finding just the right things for my house or gifts or whatever. I had a Dillard's card--it was kind of cream-colored with brown type, as I recall--and put it to good use!

Since moving back home to Southern California, I've ordered a few times from Dillard's since they don't have stores here. I'd hate to see them disappear....even though the writing's on the wall for pretty much all brick-and-mortar stores. Smiley Sad

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 5 of 14
crmartin0279
Valued Member

I called Dillard's CS yesterday and they said they are not doing any CLI on any accounts at this time. I asked why and they said it was put into place when the Covid started. Sounds like BS to me. 

Credit Cards

Business Cards

Banks

Cars
Message 6 of 14
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

Is this for the Dillard's Amex or regular Dillard's card ?

Message 7 of 14
crmartin0279
Valued Member

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

The CS rep I talk to just said all Dillard's accounts, so not sure. 

Credit Cards

Business Cards

Banks

Cars
Message 8 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

No CLIs on either.

Message 9 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@crmartin0279 wrote:

I called Dillard's CS yesterday and they said they are not doing any CLI on any accounts at this time. I asked why and they said it was put into place when the Covid started. Sounds like BS to me. 

Nope. They haven't entertained CLIs way before the pandemic hit. So, it's unlikely the agent provided the correct info.

FWIW, there are other PLCC retail programs managed by Wells Fargo and some of those CCs can be eligible for CLIs.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.