cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more GECRB/Walmart Love for me this year....

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

No more GECRB/Walmart Love for me this year....

So on November 19th I call GE Credit Solutuons to request a credit limit increase on my walmart card to go from $700 to $1400 and was denied with no counter and " a letter will be sent in the mail" So today I get my letter and from the looks of it, i need to hold off on credit limit increases for the rest of this year cuz GE is watching me.... the reasons for the denial are as follows:

LENGTH OF TIME ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED

TOO MANY INQUARIES IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS

LACK OF RECENT INSTALLMENT LOAN INFORMATION

TOO MANY ACCOUNTS WITH BALANCES

They say my credit score via Transunion is 694.

I have 21 inquaries on my Transunion Report, when i had 20 that didnt stop them from increaseing my limits, the 21st inquary is from Discover, and since Discover hasnt reported anything yet they are probably scared. As far as "TOO MANY ACCOUNT WITH BALANCES" is concerned I don't normally report high balances and pay in full, with exception of the upcoming billing cycles cuz i did some christmas shopping and will owe the Credit Card Companies a combined total of a little over $1,000. So I think ill wait till next year to ask for any more increases from anyone and quit while i'm ahead and do some Winter Gardening. LOL

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

Re: No more GECRB/Walmart Love for me this year....

That's a crap-ton of inquiries haha. Are any close to falling off?
Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 2 of 13
sphinx313
Established Contributor

That IS a lot of inquiries lol. Someone went crazy apping in the last 2 years!

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 13
pt2005
Regular Contributor

OP: About 1 month ago, I called 3 GE cards (JCP, Banana, and Paypal) and got denied on all 3, followed by letters explaining why, etc.

But shortly after the letters, I noticed from my online accounts, I got CLI from all 3 accounts (one by one).  GE did not give what I asked for but at least gave me some CLI.

Hope this will work for you. Keep watching your online account. Maybe you'll see something soon

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 4 of 13
linux007969
Established Contributor

@patsfan1453 wrote:
That's a crap-ton of inquiries haha. Are any close to falling off?

1 may fall of by the end of this year, more will fall off next year, and the rest all gone by end of 2014

Message 5 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

So on November 19th I call GE Credit Solutuons to request a credit limit increase on my walmart card to go from $700 to $1400 and was denied with no counter and " a letter will be sent in the mail" So today I get my letter and from the looks of it, i need to hold off on credit limit increases for the rest of this year cuz GE is watching me.... the reasons for the denial are as follows:

I have 21 inquaries on my Transunion Report, when i had 20 that didnt stop them from increaseing my limits, the 21st inquary is from Discover, and since Discover hasnt reported anything yet they are probably scared. As far as "TOO MANY ACCOUNT WITH BALANCES" is concerned I don't normally report high balances and pay in full, with exception of the upcoming billing cycles cuz i did some christmas shopping and will owe the Credit Card Companies a combined total of a little over $1,000. So I think ill wait till next year to ask for any more increases from anyone and quit while i'm ahead and do some Winter Gardening. LOL

I highly doubt that caused a denial. When did you open the account and how long have you waited before asking for another increase??

-or is this your 1st time asking??

-do you have other GE accounts?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 13
linux007969
Established Contributor

@pt2005 wrote:

OP: About 1 month ago, I called 3 GE cards (JCP, Banana, and Paypal) and got denied on all 3, followed by letters explaining why, etc.

But shortly after the letters, I noticed from my online accounts, I got CLI from all 3 accounts (one by one).  GE did not give what I asked for but at least gave me some CLI.

Hope this will work for you. Keep watching your online account. Maybe you'll see something soon

I log into all my accounts twice a day or more to guard against fraud, i am always looking forward to auto increases. Since i got my Discover maybe once GE sees it and sees a few months of payment history then things may go back to normal. I'm not asking DIscover for an increase till after 6 months cuz they gave more than enough credit for right now. Not all the inquaries are from Credit Card Apps.... 2 are from Verizon Wireless,one of which will fall off very soon. Too bad they didn't pull EQ cuz i don't have much inquaries on them, Thats why Discover approved me cuz they pulled Transunion and saw all that then decided to pull EQ and i was instantly approved. I wish when you app for credit, i wish they would ask you which agency you would like pulled? that would be awesome!

Message 7 of 13
linux007969
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

I highly doubt that caused a denial. When did you open the account and how long have you waited before asking for another increase??

I've had my account since like Febuary/March and i waited till 4 months to ask for the first increase and then the second it was 3 months and they gave me an increase and now i asked a few times via Credit Solutuons and automated system and they all say no, and all the time the letters have said that there was "insufficent amount of time at current limit" or something like that, but the letter i got today was different so that's why i posted.

Message 8 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

I've had my account since like Febuary/March and i waited till 4 months to ask for the first increase and then the second it was 3 months and they gave me an increase and now i asked a few times via Credit Solutuons and automated system and they all say no, and all the time the letters have said that there was "insufficent amount of time at current limit" or something like that, but the letter i got today was different so that's why i posted.

You may have gotten an old SP denial from them. I'd wait the full 4 statements from last CLI and try it. They can be very nickpicky about holding you to 4 months. I know this because I have 7 GE accounts and they do not increase me 1 day before 4 months.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 13
linux007969
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

You may have gotten an old SP denial from them. I'd wait the full 4 statements from last CLI and try it. They can be very nickpicky about holding you to 4 months. I know this because I have 7 GE accounts and they do not increase me 1 day before 4 months.

I'll just wait till I paid all my credit cards down from holliday spending, and let them report and maybe in January they will be more giving, then if they are then i can restart the clock and ask for another in May.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.