Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more discover secure email

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

No more discover secure email

Looks like Discover is ending the ability to compose secure emails, encouraging the use of chat instead.   Personally, I don't always have the time to hang around on chat, and found email more useful.  Amex did the same thing some time ago.   I do like that they believe this change, i.e. one that reduces options, helpful!

On October 15th we will be turning off the ability to compose and reply to emails. You will still receive important emails in the Secure Inbox. To contact us, we encourage you to use Discover's messaging service. You can reach a live agent and review a history of your conversations with Discover in one thread. Discover is continually focused on providing the best customer experience possible and we believe you will find this change helpful.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No more discover secure email

Messaging isn’t chat. You just send a message and reply whenever you feel like it so there’s no need to sit around and wait. It makes sense to replace email with the messaging option.
Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

Looks like Discover is ending the ability to compose secure emails, encouraging the use of chat instead.   Personally, I don't always have the time to hang around on chat, and found email more useful.  Amex did the same thing some time ago.   I do like that they believe this change, i.e. one that reduces options, helpful!

On October 15th we will be turning off the ability to compose and reply to emails. You will still receive important emails in the Secure Inbox. To contact us, we encourage you to use Discover's messaging service. You can reach a live agent and review a history of your conversations with Discover in one thread. Discover is continually focused on providing the best customer experience possible and we believe you will find this change helpful.

Not really pleased with it either. Back to the phone and at a time convenient to me, wont waste time with chat

Message 3 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya will just call if i need anything vs. chat.. I enjoy Amex chat, not so much discovers

Message 4 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The Discover chat works the same way as email essentially. You just ask your question and reply at your leisure. It's not necessarily in real time. So IMO, having both the chat and secure email is redundant so it makes since to eliminate one. This really does not bother me.

Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

So, did Discover just merge with Equifax?Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I was kinda amused by being prompted to log in secure messages and read secure message that tells me no more secured messages
I feel like they broke up with me via text, but have given me alternative of staying friends and keeping in touch
Message 7 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

LOL

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.