Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-AMEX Name Your CLI Cards

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Non-AMEX Name Your CLI Cards

Do any creditors other than AMEX have similar 3X CLI programs?  Recognizing AMEX is not guaranteed, it does seem more likely than not based on anecdotal evidence shared around this board.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Non-AMEX Name Your CLI Cards

My Walmart Discover card was pretty much a 3xCLI around the 70th day.  Got card around 9/10/12 and around 11/20/12 I went from 1.8k to 5.4k CL.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

any ge card can give you pretty high limits fast. went from 800 to 5k in about 3 months. 

and its always a soft pull. 

other than that i have no idea since i only have a few companies in my wallet. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 7
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

My wally card just turned 4-5mths old and i got a 3x CLI....not much but still it was techinally 3x. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 4 of 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

No CLI is ever guaranteed. Amex  is the only one I've ever read about here with the 3x "rule." GE CLIs can be generous, but don't necessarily follow a 3x pattern. My Walmart went from 300 - 1k - 2k - 3.5k in 1 yr. My old navy also didn't do 3x CLIs, but went from 200 to 4k visa upgrade with CLIs throughout the year. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Most, if not all, issuers let you request as much as you want, not just three times the current limit. I got a five times increase on an FIA card, and more than three times on another of their cards.

Keep in mind that the American Expess three times the limit policy is not something that is guaranteed. A few people have said they thought it was and are disappointed when they do not get it. It is just that the system can only approve requests that are up to three times the current limit. I am unsure if an underwriter can go beyond that.

Message 6 of 7
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the answers.  Sounds like GE is fairly generous in this regard.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.