Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordie Visa feedback, please..

tag
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

Nordie Visa feedback, please..

Hello!

I'm thinking about applying for Nordie Visa in the next few months, I do a lot of shopping in there.  Just need some input/feedback as how generous they are with CL, how often then give CL and if they do recognize you as a good customer.  And what are their tiers for APR's?  Is it base on your credit score/worthiness?

Thanks!

Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: Nordie Visa feedback, please..

For tier info

http://about.nordstrom.com/nordstromfashionrewards/index.html#bank_3

It is based on your credit report.  They don't even ask for income on the online app.  If you shop their, you should apply in the store, many report good results applying instore, they sometimes will give you a discount on anything you buy that day..At least they used to do that.  CLI after 7 months, you can usually go to 15k pretty easy with a phone call if your credit is good.  Same for dropping an APR tier.  Excellent customer service.  I think above 15k CL they may ask for docs. Nordie Platinum reports the limit, Nordie Sig does not report the limit, only high balance.  I like the card. There are recent threads about Nordstrom cards, they are popular, have not been known to screw with people. Good card.

Message 2 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

+1
Message 3 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

They hate inquiries and new accounts. Great card and CSR. Be app and new account free for a year before applying for maximum chances.
Message 4 of 8
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

Thanks for all your feedbacks; sound like this is really a great card.  I will wait then to apply as I just got a Citi Cash card last January and a CLI request for my Chase Freedom plus card. 

Again, thanks all!!

Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 5 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

You dont have to be all that worried to app for Nordie. They are very considerate from what I have seen. What is your Inq's and new accounts on EQ? If you have less than 3 Hard inq's on your EQ you could try. Best case they would approve you for Visa Sig or not so good case they will approve you for a store card and after 6 months they will upgrade you to Visa and give you generous CLI's. It is a very good card to have. What is your scores on EQ and what is your Inq's? How many new accounts did you add in the last 6 months? If we know the details we can advice you better. In general having a Noride card is a big boost. I would not trade that card for any other card.
Message 6 of 8
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

My FICO score from EQ is 689 and showing 1 new account which is my Citi Cash return 1 inquiry this month.

I have a car loan opened last November but it's showing in December with American Honda (3.99% x 60 mos.), Citi Cash Return (8.24% with $10900.00 CL) and my CLI request for my Chase Freedom (so far showing as new inq in EX from $5k to $7500).  I like Nordstrom a lot always waiting for their Anniversary sale in July.

my TU score from last month is 685 and my not so FICO EX is 703 down from 712 a week 1/2 ago (due to my new inquiries).

Thanks Concorduser!

Message 7 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

OP, with the information you gave, you should not have any difficulty getting the card approved. If you really want it then go ahead and apply for it. Even if they give you store card they will upgrade you to visa in 6 months.. With your scores, inq and accounts, I dont see any reason why you would not get a Visa. Good Luck and keep us posted with the out come, if you do apply for the card.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.