Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Bank - Sigh!!!!

tag
RSCo
Established Contributor

Nordstrom Bank - Sigh!!!!

So I applied for a nordstrom visa sig card 10 days ago.. I made the mistake of applying online...  I received the standard 7-10 review message as the status so I called them the next morning after submitting the app...  I asked if they had all of the necessary info in order to process my app, the lady said she needed to verify my identity..  I preceded to confirm info in my credit file... She then said that they are still reviewing my app and will notify me in 7-10 days...

So, since I had not heard from them a week later, I called and was told my app was declined but the lady couldn't' say why.. She said " I don't know for sure, but it looks like you have too many inquires, but don't quote me on that" she said.. I then receive an official letter in the mail from them stating that they were not able to confirm my identify from my app and to submit a utility bill and a copy of my drivers license and they would further review my app...  So.... They won't accept faxes so I mailed a copy of my license, a verizon wireless statement, voter reg card and a copy of my passport - hey, I thought the more the better....

So I'm bummed out.. It seems based on other commenters that Nordstrom Bank does not have their act together.. They make it extremely painful to apply for credit with them... At this point I have no idea if it will be approved or not.. I figured since they already did a hard pull, I would go ahead and send them all of this info..   Sigh....

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Bank - Sigh!!!!

dont get bummed yet.

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 2 of 28
RSCo
Established Contributor

@E150GT wrote:

dont get bummed yet.

@E150GT wrote:

dont get bummed yet.

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 28
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

UMMM NO!! Dont sigh!! Your hopes are still high, the proo...

UMMM NO!! Dont sigh!! Your hopes are still high, the proof of identity should definitely help, because if that was the only problem then your good to go. Ignore the rep. they usually reject application because of inquiries but in your case the letter just said proof of i.d. I think your in! Ill be checking up on your message Smiley Happy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 28
RSCo
Established Contributor

Re: UMMM NO!! Dont sigh!! Your hopes are still high, the proo...

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

UMMM NO!! Dont sigh!! Your hopes are still high, the proof of identity should definitely help, because if that was the only problem then your good to go. Ignore the rep. they usually reject application because of inquiries but in your case the letter just said proof of i.d. I think your in! Ill be checking up on your message Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy  Sweet... That's what I was thinking too..  I've read many posts where the reps will say one thing only to find out it's completely wrong.. I wonder why they seem so unorganized over there.. They are very nice when you call, just bobble headed..  hehe..

Message 5 of 28
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thats true.^^ Do you know when they shoud have an answer?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 28
chasing8s
Valued Member

I had a very similar experience!  App'd online got the 7-10 wait, but I went to the store the next day and the girl in the CS department called someone and they said I had been declined.  Decided to call the Nordstrom recon number where another rep told me the store and online person should have never said that!  The online rep even asked for their names, but I didn't have them.   She also explained that apping online often results in identity verification so she asked me to mail her my DL and utility bill.  I mailed those last Friday, so now I'm just waiting for them to get back to me.

Rep on the phone sounded very positive, so I'm hopeful!! :-) 

Message 7 of 28
RSCo
Established Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Thats true.^^ Do you know when they shoud have an answer?

Well I received the letter asking for proof of identity yesterday and I sent those docs off today.. They are in CO, I'm in Washington DC so I suspect I won't hear anything for a good week to a week and a half..

Message 8 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Fingers crossed for you!!!

(Get your happy dance planned out.....................) Smiley Tongue

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 28
RSCo
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

uh HUH!!!!!  Oh yeah!!

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.