Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom CC approval?

tag
tictoc
Contributor

Nordstrom CC approval?

Has anyone recently applied for a Nordstrom CC (store or Visa) if so what were your scores? Also what about Victoria Secret?

Starting Score: Ex: 580 EQ: 608 myfico TU: 585
Current Score: Ex: 694 fcr.com EQ FICO: 663 TU: Unk
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nordstrom CC approval?

I was approved for both. Nordstrom was the store card with a $1k cl, but only after a recon. They are sensitive to inquiries and high uti... And VS card was per-approved after I went online shopping and the screen usually will pop up with a pre approval while you are checking out. Usually is a sp, do a search for both here on the boards both my post should show up. By the way here in CA Nordis pulled EQ.
MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would get up above 650 for Nordstrom and have like less than 3 inq and no high util is other stated.

VS, if you do not have an online account already, go in and create new account... an dbe sure if it pops up if you sign up get coupons now in email or something you can do that but then you will need to go in to your profile and complete it, I suggest as many fields you can find to fill in... THEN go shopping and go click to check out and 1 or 2 screens you should get the pop up for pre-approval. it is just a sp, they never hard and it's 99% always instant... you can then either check out or just close out!

Express will do it too.

Message 3 of 7
hateAshbury
Regular Contributor

Nordstrom Visa only does a soft pull when they evaluate an applicant? to my ears, that's unheard-of

Starting Score: 653 (11/1/2011 TransUnion)
Current Score: 719 (5/3/2012 TransUnion) 572 (3/21/2012 Equifax) 762 (4/14/12 VantageScore)

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@hateAshbury wrote:

Nordstrom Visa only does a soft pull when they evaluate an applicant? to my ears, that's unheard-of

Victoria Secret does SP to do Pre-Approvals if you are shopping online and go to check out.

Norstrom is own bank and no it's not SP to apply.

Message 5 of 7
tictoc
Contributor

Omg so I took all your advise and I went on to VS and did the whole checkout process and the preapproval popped up! and yay I finally got the card I wanted with the $350 CL!!! Thank you so much! I haven't tried Nordstrom I think I'll wait to get my score higher

Starting Score: Ex: 580 EQ: 608 myfico TU: 585
Current Score: Ex: 694 fcr.com EQ FICO: 663 TU: Unk

Message 6 of 7
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Was approved for the Nordstrom Visa a few days ago, had to fax in copy of driver's license and utility bill to verify identity.  Pulled Equifax almost 30 days ago, which was barely over 700 at the time (can't remember exactly). Decided to finally reply to the letter they sent.

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.