Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Denial - UPDATE

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Nordstrom Denial - UPDATE

I applied for a Nordstrom card a couple of days ago and got the 7-10 message.  I called today and was declined "due to the information given on the application"  Also, I don't see where a report was pulled from any of the three bureaus.  Any idea what the denial would be for ? I couldn't get any other information other than to wait for the letter.

I have not had a previous account with Nordstrom

**UPDATE** I received the denial letter today, they tried to pull EX which was frozen.  I had unlocked EQ as all the research I had done indicated thats the bureau they pull.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Denial

did you apply online or at a store?

EDIT: Typo

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 15
n777ua
Established Contributor

Message 3 of 15
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Its recommended to apply for this card in the store that way they can review your app as well as confrim your ID that instant and see if denied or approved, For now wait for the letter to see what info was not given on the app and then call them up, They pull EQ so it good that  they havent pulled it yet.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 15
n777ua
Established Contributor

**UPDATE** I received the denial letter today, they tried to pull EX which was frozen.  I had unlocked EQ as all the research I had done indicated thats the bureau they pull.

Message 6 of 15
aloush11
Regular Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Denial - UPDATE

So I'm getting ready to apply for the card tomorrow. Balance have been reported on Experian but not Equifax. Should I wait until all the new balances post on Equifax or would they pull experian if equifax is frozen?

Any feedback would be great!
Message 7 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I was unaware that Nordstrom pulled EX. Maybe they will pull another CB if EQ is frozen. My suggestion is to apply in store. If you want their Visa it must be done in store.
Message 8 of 15
aloush11
Regular Contributor

I think that's the safest route. I'll apply in store and recon immediately. I am hoping for the signature card, Annually I usually spend between 8 to 10k at nordstrom but 60% of it is gifts for work that I get reimbursed for. Maybe I can use that as leverage.
Message 9 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If there's an issue they will have you speak with a CA. Good luck!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.