cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom - Interesting challenge I'm currently facing...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom - Interesting challenge I'm currently facing...

(reluctantly standing up) Hello,

My name is rebuilding credit and I have been on an app spree during the last 7 days.  I have app'd for the following in this precise order:

Chase Freedom:       Approved          $4,000.00           

Best Buy:                Approved          $   300.00

Jared:                      Approved          $2,000.00

Macy's                    Approved           $1,200.00

Nordstrom:              Declined                            Despite Creditaddict's advice.  They are very inquiry sensitive.

Issue: I received the negative statement from the salesperson at Nordstrom conveying my app was declined.  I was embarrased but held my head up high and said no worries.  Requested a number to call.  They provided me with a number to call.  I spoke with one person who informed was unable to share any information other than I was declined for an array of reasons.  After speaking with 3 different people, I managed to speak with the manager whom conveyed that I was declined due to the number of inquiries.  In an attempt to reason with her, from what I have learned on this forum, I kindly requested her to reconsider.  I asked which CB's report did they pull and she shared that it was Equifax.  I informed her that I track all my credit reports and that before applying, I was quite confident that I would be approved since I have hardly no debt, I earn more than 100k/yr and that I was interested in building a credit relationship with Nordstrom.  She emphasized the number of inquiries I had posted on my report (EQ 4 inqs) and that I had just a recent account opened in Sept.  I calmly explained that my credit limit was indeed low but that my CU was rather low, I had moderate scores: EQ 760 and on EX 747.  I also conveyed that I have never been tardy with my payments, had an extremely low CU %: 9, my income exceeded 100k and I had hardly no debt.  The reason why I requested credit was to establish tradeline relationship, despite all my recent inquiries, she later pulled EX with 8 inquiries (3 which I am disputing).  I offered to fax proof of income and she said she was more than willing to reconsider after confirming my income and identification.  I believe that I may be approved and certainly thank her in advance for her kind assistance.  I will fax all the requested information tomorrow morning. 

Any other recommendations or suggestions the forum may have is greatly appreciated beforehand.

12/17/09 FICO EQ 721 TU 623 FAKO EX 711

12/22/09 FICO EQ 760 TU 666 FAKO EX 747

2007 500+ overall score

2010 GOAL: By mid year reach 750-795 on all 3 CBs

12/17/09 FICO EQ 721 TU 623 FAKO EX 711

12/22/09 FICO EQ 760 TU 666 FAKO EX 747

2007 500+ overall score

2010 GOAL: By mid year reach 750-795 on all 3 CBs

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nordstrom - Interesting challenge I'm currently facing...

Sounds to me like you are in. Funny thing is they have never asked my income. If you could go back in time I think you should have done the app. For Nordstrom first. 

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello corsbyk1!

Thanks for your feedback.  I hope you are right!  Actually, she never asked for proof of income, I brought it up and she agreed.  After all, the board does say, and she did confirmed, that they are inquiry sensitive.  Let's hope for the best.  :-)

Message 3 of 15
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Hi rebuilding...just curious...how did you show such score improvement in the matter of 5 days from Dec. 17th to the 22nd?
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Lynette,

Sure!  I pratically PIF my two cards and my report showed credit utilization to less than 9%.  I was expecting an increment of 10-20 points but sure did welcome the increment of points they have given me.

Message 5 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think you will get it but this is why I listed them first on the list of cards I told you to apply for. and look at it this way, when you prove income over 100k and scores over 710 you qualify for the Signature Visa Card and if she approves you and send you any other card than that I would call back in and ask to be upgraded! and I don't think Nordstrom will go over 15k credit line without income verification, so you got that out of the way, the sky is the limit!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks Sensei CreditAddict for your advise.  I will send the requested information this morning and follow up with her later early evening.  I am addicted to this forum  :-)

BTW, what kind of CL should I be expecting or requesting?  If memory serves me, the Nordstrom Signature Visa is a min of $5k CL, correct?

Cheers,

Rebuilding_Credit

Message 7 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

they probably won't venture out extreme high if you don't have other credit reporting showing you can handle that high, but CLI every 4 months I believe are very generous
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello creditaddict,

Firstly, Happy New Year!  Hoping you had a wonderful holiday!  I was actually declined but after much persistence and diligence, I was approved for a small CL of $500.00 for the store card. I do recall that you had conveyed to request an upgrade but they declined.  :-(

Message 9 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

rebuilding_credit wrote:

Hello creditaddict,

Firstly, Happy New Year!  Hoping you had a wonderful holiday!  I was actually declined but after much persistence and diligence, I was approved for a small CL of $500.00 for the store card. I do recall that you had conveyed to request an upgrade but they declined.  :-(

request it after 6 months and with good history you'll get the visa upgrade (and a healthy CLI) w/ no prob., in the meantime enjoy the store card, it is one of the best out there IMO.  congrats on the approval!  Happy New Year!!
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.