Did you mean: 

Nordstrom, Saks, Neiman Marcus Credit Card

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Nordstrom, Saks, Neiman Marcus Credit Card

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:
I have all three cards. I applied all online. I got Nordstrom Visa online. I didn't get approved instantly. I had to call for approval. I applied for Saks, NM online. I had to call for approval. My score was around 760.

Ron.

Hey Ron, I thought you can only apply for the Visa version at the store? 

They recently changed that policy...I think last year

Message 31 of 62
Ron1
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:
I have all three cards. I applied all online. I got Nordstrom Visa online. I didn't get approved instantly. I had to call for approval. I applied for Saks, NM online. I had to call for approval. My score was around 760.

Ron.

Hey Ron, I thought you can only apply for the Visa version at the store? 

They recently changed that policy...I think last year

Lexie,

I got the card ten years ago. I got approved for $4K.

Ron.

Message 32 of 62
nycsimone
Regular Contributor

Personally, i'd rather do the apps online.

Why?

Do you want to be standing at the front counter of a Saks or Macy's and put in the application only to be denied in front of everyone there? I don't, but if that's ok with you...then be my guest.

I actually was shopping at Saks and decided to apply right on my iPhone as I was shopping. Approved right away and with the account number they were able to pull up my card and charge my shopping on there :-)

Message 33 of 62
plasectomy
New Contributor

Delete

Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master.
Message 34 of 62
plasectomy
New Contributor

True. I used to work at Sears and when someone would apply for a card and there were others close-by, I would hand over the receipt stating the denial and let them know, "Here is the result of the applications." Better than possible embarrassment.

Applying by phone at the store is convenient, but I would be a bit annoyed as a CSR if a customer showed me the screen that they just applied, since retail reps typically receive a spiff for each app. 

Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master.
Message 35 of 62
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@nycsimone wrote:

Personally, i'd rather do the apps online.

Why?

Do you want to be standing at the front counter of a Saks or Macy's and put in the application only to be denied in front of everyone there? I don't, but if that's ok with you...then be my guest.

I actually was shopping at Saks and decided to apply right on my iPhone as I was shopping. Approved right away and with the account number they were able to pull up my card and charge my shopping on there :-)

The difference with applying in store versus online is that some lenders limit the card type you maybe approved for ie Nordstrom and Macys. if you apply online you eill not be reviewed for their Visa or Amex

Secondly, Id verifications are now being done which may limit your CL or even delay the approval. 

Message 36 of 62
MyWorthiness
Established Member

Thanks for the info!! To each his/her own land I see that some people prefer in store and some online.

Message 37 of 62
MyWorthiness
Established Member

So I'm guessing you prefer in store over online applying? 

Message 38 of 62
KCL75

Applied for Barclay Arrival and Nordstrom visa same day. Arrival was instant approval of 7500. Nordstrom i went into store and they are only willing to give me 500 cl store cardSmiley Sad

Message 39 of 62
StartingLifeOver
Regular Contributor

@MyWorthiness wrote:

Does anyone have a Nordstrom, Saks or Neiman Marcus Credit card? Did you apply online or in store? What were your scores like when you applied? Thanks.

I hate to revive an old thread OP, but I was approved for Neiman Marcus card over the weekend.  NM card is backed by Cap1 currently.  I applied in store and they pulled EQ.  My score was 701 and I was instantly approved for $3500.  Hope this helps!

NFCU Cash Rewards $16,100/FNBO Platinum $9.100/Best Buy Citibank $2,500/Care Credit $7,600/TJ Maxx $1000/Neiman Marcus $7000/Saks5thAve $2500

Starting Score: 426 Ch. 13 BK Filed Sep 2009; Discharged Jan 2013 Smiley Happy
Current Score: TU 706 EQ FICO 701 EX 704
Goal Score: 720

Message 40 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.