Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Store Card

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Nordstrom Store Card

Just applied and I got this from their website:

Dear Nordstrom customer,

Thank you for your interest in our Nordstrom Fashion Reward Program. Your application for a Nordstrom credit card has been successfully submitted.

You will receive a response in the mail from us within 7-10 days.

If you have any questions regarding your online application, please call our toll-free number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-866-491-7860 and refer to your Application ID Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We look forward to serving you soon.
Nordstrom Bank

Anyone got approved when they received this message from them? I will wait and call them in the morning with the application ID #.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Store Card

Also, does anyone know which Credit Bureau Nordstrom pull? Thanks in advance !!

Message 2 of 8
jefftca925
Established Contributor

They almost always pull EQ.  It's usually best to apply for store cards in the store opposed to online.  They can confirm your identity that way and the response is generally instant.  They can also provide you a lot of useful info about their rewards program.  Nordstrom has always been a top-notch retailer and their CCs just continue that tradition.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 3 of 8
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

Dear Nordstrom customer,

Thank you for your interest in our Nordstrom Fashion Reward Program. Your application for a Nordstrom credit card has been successfully submitted.

If you have any questions regarding your online application, please call our toll-free number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-866-491-7860 and refer to your Application ID Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nordstrom Bank

Anyone got approved when they received this message from them? I will wait and call them in the morning with the application ID #.

I received that message and was eventually approved.  They actually got me on both EQ and TU.  I applied for the Signature Visa and they ended up giving me a store card with a very generous limit. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 4 of 8
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

Dear Nordstrom customer,

Nordstrom Bank

I received that message and was eventually approved.  They actually got me on both EQ and TU.  I applied for the Signature Visa and they ended up giving me a store card with a very generous limit. 

I read on this site Nordstrom report the store card to the CB but not the Visa Signature card. That's why I opt for the store card instead. I'll be happy with what ever they give me as I shop their frequently and online.

Message 5 of 8
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

tntexans72 wrote 

I read on this site Nordstrom report the store card to the CB but not the Visa Signature card. That's why I opt for the store card instead. I'll be happy with what ever they give me as I shop their frequently and online.

Can't really tell you about the Sig card, but I have heard some reports lately that limits are being reported to the CBs for it.  My store card is about 3 weeks old and so far it has been reported to EX and TU, but no EQ yet.  It reported to the two a week ago. 

Message 6 of 8
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

tntexans72 wrote 

Can't really tell you about the Sig card, but I have heard some reports lately that limits are being reported to the CBs for it.  My store card is about 3 weeks old and so far it has been reported to EX and TU, but no EQ yet.  It reported to the two a week ago. 

That is strange, Nordstrom pulls from EQ but only report to EX & TU? Am I missing something here? I hate the fact that my last 3 inquiries this past year have been pulled from EQ and not EX or TU. Of the 3, my EQ is the lowest too. Grrrrrr....

Message 7 of 8
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

tntexans72 wrote 

That is strange, Nordstrom pulls from EQ but only report to EX & TU? Am I missing something here? I hate the fact that my last 3 inquiries this past year have been pulled from EQ and not EX or TU. Of the 3, my EQ is the lowest too. Grrrrrr....

It'll report to EQ...eventually. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.