Nordstrom/TD Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nordstrom/TD Bank

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@ohreally7654 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Since TD acquired the Nordstrom card portfolio last year they insist on HP's for CLI requests.  Is this just me, or are they pulling this crap on everyone?

OP, I called in earlier this week to request a CLI on mine. I opened it just shy of 7 months ago.  They told me to call back at or after 7 months, which is actually tomorrow.  They specifically told me it's a SP for CLI (I asked).  I will call tomorrow and will report back with the outcome.

So sorry this happened with your account. I will not be happy if this is going to be common practice. My current CL is $1.5K -- trying to get it up at least to $5k to try to convert to a Visa siggy!

Good luck!

I like Nordstrom but hate TD Bank :\

I have been following the discussion about converting a Nordstrom card to a Visa Signature card when you get to $5000.  How does this work if you were initially approved for over $5000 when you first obtained the card?  Is the conversion automatic or do you have to ask whenever they start conversions again?

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@ohreally7654 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Since TD acquired the Nordstrom card portfolio last year they insist on HP's for CLI requests.  Is this just me, or are they pulling this crap on everyone?

OP, I called in earlier this week to request a CLI on mine. I opened it just shy of 7 months ago.  They told me to call back at or after 7 months, which is actually tomorrow.  They specifically told me it's a SP for CLI (I asked).  I will call tomorrow and will report back with the outcome.

So sorry this happened with your account. I will not be happy if this is going to be common practice. My current CL is $1.5K -- trying to get it up at least to $5k to try to convert to a Visa siggy!

Good luck!

I have been following the discussion about converting a Nordstrom card to a Visa Signature card when you get to $5000.  How does this work if you were initially approved for over $5000 when you first obtained the card?  Is the conversion automatic or do you have to ask whenever they start conversions again?

Everything is kinda up in the air now that TD is involved.  It used to be that in order to qualify for the VS you first had to have a credit line of 5k.  Then they would attempt to convert you.  In their systems they click the button to request a CLI if you're not at 5k and then they click the button to see if they can convert you.  Since TD got involved, the conversion process has been suspended.  I called a couple weeks ago to request a reduction in my interest rate and was told they wouldn't be able to process APR reductions until June (the 16th I think).  That's likely when the integration between Nordstrom FSB and TD will complete.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@ohreally7654 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck!

Everything is kinda up in the air now that TD is involved.  It used to be that in order to qualify for the VS you first had to have a credit line of 5k.  Then they would attempt to convert you.  In their systems they click the button to request a CLI if you're not at 5k and then they click the button to see if they can convert you.  Since TD got involved, the conversion process has been suspended.  I called a couple weeks ago to request a reduction in my interest rate and was told they wouldn't be able to process APR reductions until June (the 16th I think).  That's likely when the integration between Nordstrom FSB and TD will complete.

Thanks for info.  I don't know much about TD Bank but I am not to thrilled about what I read about them here.  They denied me for Target a while back.  I guess I got the Nordstrom card before they were completey in control a month or so ago.

Message 13 of 17
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@ohreally7654 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks for info.  I don't know much about TD Bank but I am not to thrilled about what I read about them here.  They denied me for Target a while back.  I guess I got the Nordstrom card before they were completey in control a month or so ago.

After reading this thread yesterday, I called this morning for a CLI. I was approved $500 to $6000. Anyhow the CSR did indeed say to call at the end of June to see about the product change. As the other poster mentioned, they are in the middle of doing enhancements and they should be finished by June.  

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 14 of 17
taxi818
Super Contributor

Had no idea Nordstrom was a Td Bank client. Hmm since i just got my lovely Td Bank card in the Mail. might consider it. Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a follow up to report on this topic.  I'd called a couple more times since my OP as each time a rep informed me to call back later at another date as Nordstrom/TD would have refreshed my credit by those dates.  As each date passed, there was no soft pull.  I called again today and the rep agreed that it was extremely odd that they hadn't pulled my credit.  She was able to determine the cause, however and it's rather bitter sweet.

Because of my history with Nordstrom credit I'm now classified as extremely low risk and they won't be softing me as much going forward.  She wasn't able to tell me how often they'll soft pull me, but at least I have an understanding and explanation.  Awesome they consider me low risk, though I'm not keen on having to adjust to a new cli schedule.  They'll still only let me cli without a hardpull within 3 months of a soft pull.  So I've got to experiment going forward what my pull schedule will be.

I'm guessing the new cycle will either be semi-annually or annually.

Message 16 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

At least you got some answers. Like you.said, just experiment with it moving forward and see what happens.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.