Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Visa Freeze and Financial Review

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Nordstrom Visa Freeze and Financial Review

So today I went to Costco and purchased a new couch which I had brought one of my credit union credit cards to put it on but it was denied at register (figured fraud but turned out I had an old card that they had shut not a new one they sent... oops) While at register I was like you know what I'll put it on Nordstrom and than just BT to the credit union with no fee and earn the Nordstrom rewards... Card went through no issues. $3900. I leave and go to my next stop and stick my Nordstrom in and decline... I'm like okay now fraud, odd they didn't text or call.  I use Amex and walk out the store and call Nordstrom and she says a HOLD has been placed on your account and it might be 30 days.  I'm like a hell to the no! she was being kind of shady and short with answers that didn't work for me so I kept pushing back... and she finally put me on hold to talk to a supervisor and came back and said someone would call me in 24-48 hours but until than my card was shut off.

Well about 30 minutes later I received a call from a Denver number and it was Nordstrom Manager and she said they completed the financial review and my account was unlocked but that because I had requested a CLI twice in 1 year it triggered the manual review.

I was like but my credit is so much better now and I feel more credit is due!

She suggested I leave it alone for 6+ months before asking for any further increases even though things were much better.

Fine! LOL

I'm at $6k currently btw.

26 REPLIES 26
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Visa Freeze and Financial Review

Glad it worked out, although it had to be very frustrating.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 2 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Sorry for your Nordstrom Visa Freeze.  Pays to carry Amex.

Message 3 of 27
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Dadgum!....what a day that made. Interesting that two cli requests in one year triggers all this- FR and Freeze. *talk about a luv button repellant* Thanks for sharing.
My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 27
redpat
Senior Contributor

TD is pretty conservative.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they don't want people to ask for CLIs, they should manually give them or remove the option to ask if you have had one recently. 

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, not a fan of hitting the luv button often at all, not because of a fear of AA, but more about getting a dirty look of, "are you serious"? 2 times in the same year isn't excessive, provided the year before had none.

But I guess AA is possible. Glad it got resolved. 

Message 7 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dont ask Discover about meSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 27
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

First mistake was spending $3900 on a couch.

I decked out my SO's and I's apartment with a new tv, new couch, new bed and bed frame, new coffee table, new TV stand, lamps, rugs, etc a couple years ago and I don't even think I spent $2,500.

Does it have a built in bidet and mini-bar or something?

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 9 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

If they don't want people to ask for CLIs, they should manually give them or remove the option to ask if you have had one recently. 

I feel that there's more to it than what was initially disclosed by their risk team.  For one, anyone that has had a Nordstrom retail or Visa card has had no issue requesting CLIs more than 2x within a period of 12 months, some are granted others are not.  The fact that their algorithms flagged the account for a financial review has determined that TD Bank has other internal information that we're not aware of.  

Just look at the approvals forum for all Nordstrom CLI successes. 

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.