Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Visa Signature CLD Letter

tag
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Nordstrom Visa Signature CLD Letter

And the 2020 hits keep coming...

I received a letter today dated September 27, 2020 from Nordstrom/TD regarding my Visa Signature:

"Dear Sexy Customer (I added this, but it is true),

We've noticed that over the last few years, the usage on your Nordstrom card has been significantly lower than the account's available line. We'd like to better match your credit line to your usage, so unless we hear from you, we'll be lowering the credit line to $6,300 effective 11/01/2020.

Want to keep the existing credit line? Simply call us at 888.233.4704 by 10/31/2020 and follow the prompts to keep your credit line unchanged at this time. "

Needless to say, I called the automated line and was told that my credit line of $20,000 will be kept in tact. I am thankful that they are allowing cardholders to opt out of the CLD...for now. 

It might be time to clean house and close down some of these cards I am not using much. I got hit by Capital One a few weeks ago and do not really want to experience that again. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Nordstrom Visa Signature CLD Letter

Not surprising that the banks are wanting usage of large lines, costs em money (in reserves they have to keep) and they would rather give the credit to someone who will actually make money for them. Till things stabilize in this pandemic I would be using all cards to show usage or as you suggest close out the ones you dont want anymore.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s great the CL remained intact for now. Lenders appear to really be going after people not using their credit.  Makes perfect sense though. 

Message 3 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats for being able to keep your credit line. Few years ago Dillards did the same thing. I had to call them to keep my limit. If not they were going to reduce it to $1000. Glad things worked out for you.

Message 4 of 15
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Serves as a reminder to use it or lose it.  At least they gave you a heads up.   Nice that you got to keep your limit. 

Message 5 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I think I'm gonna close my $300 Nordstrom card that way they can free up some of their reserves for others.

Message 6 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I think I'm gonna close my $300 Nordstrom card that way they can free up some of their reserves for others.

That sort of sacrifice is what the Presidential Medal of Freedom  is all about!

Message 7 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

That sort of sacrifice is what the Presidential Medal of Freedom  is all about!

I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I'll probably make a thread about it.

Message 8 of 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Thank you for sharing the information.
Message 9 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats OP on keeping your CL.Smiley Happy

Sorry for your Capital One CLDSmiley Sad

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.