Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Visa Signature CLI

tag
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Nordstrom Visa Signature CLI

Called Nordstrom today with the hope of dropping my Tier III APR and to ask for a CLI. 

1) Got auto-denied on the APR drop, so I'm still at 18.9%/22.9%. Sucks but since I PIF, I'll get over it and call back at another time in the future to hopefully lower it. 
2) I asked for a $4K CLI on the card, rep countered with either a $2K stated increase or the ability to be able to spend up to 75% over my current limit of $6K, but keeping the stated limit at $6K. I opted for the $2K increase...not interested in being able to super max out my card. 

All in all, quite happy I was able to get the increase, a tiny bit bummed over the APR decline, but as I said initially, I'll get over that. The very nice rep told me there was a baddie on my CR that was preventing a larger increase/APR reduction. I'll assume it's my BK7 in '06 and keep working hard to improve my credit score as best I can. 

Edit:  Forgot to add it was just a soft pull too!  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
hateAshbury
Regular Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Visa Signature CLI

I'd say that's a good deal

Starting Score: 653 (11/1/2011 TransUnion)
Current Score: 719 (5/3/2012 TransUnion) 572 (3/21/2012 Equifax) 762 (4/14/12 VantageScore)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

Called Nordstrom today with the hope of dropping my Tier III APR and to ask for a CLI. 

1) Got auto-denied on the APR drop, so I'm still at 18.9%/22.9%. Sucks but since I PIF, I'll get over it and call back at another time in the future to hopefully lower it. 
2) I asked for a $4K CLI on the card, rep countered with either a $2K stated increase or the ability to be able to spend up to 75% over my current limit of $6K, but keeping the stated limit at $6K. I opted for the $2K increase...not interested in being able to super max out my card. 

All in all, quite happy I was able to get the increase, a tiny bit bummed over the APR decline, but as I said initially, I'll get over that. The very nice rep told me there was a baddie on my CR that was preventing a larger increase/APR reduction. I'll assume it's my BK7 in '06 and keep working hard to improve my credit score as best I can. 

Congrats!!!! HAPPY DANCE for SP too!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 5
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

Congrats!!!! HAPPY DANCE for SP too!!!

Thanks!.  I was surprised at the SP, but I'm not arguing!  

Message 4 of 5
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Well, as a follow up to 1), I wrote to Nordstrom Credit Department and asked for reconsideration on the APR request.  They sent me a letter stating they lowered it from 18.9%/22.9% (Tier 3) to 14.9%/18.9% (Tier 2) so I'm pretty happy that they at least lowered it some.  I explained in the letter that the rate I was at simply wasn't competitive with the other cards I have.  So...this is a start.  I honestly didn't think I was going to get a response, but they have once again pleasantly surprised me.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.