cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Visa Signature Upgrade GRANTED!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nordstrom Visa Signature Upgrade GRANTED!!

Thank you for the post. After reading your experience I decided to get it a try. I had my retail card since last May started with 300 limit. Tried to raise it after three months but had used the card enough. So I started using it and paying it off. Two months later called in and Nordstrom raised it to 4500. I was excited but after reading post here i new 5000 limit. So I wait another three months which was a few days ago. Only had a 300 balance. Called in again they increased my card to 8000 after reading your post . I decided to go in the store today just a few days after my increased. I do just as you asked for an upgrade know I would have to do a application. While waiting credit dept called me on my cell and asked some questions then side we approved you for the platinum car . I kept 500 on my Nordstrom card 7500 on the visa . My scores or Low 600 so it’s true it’s more about your payment history with Nordstrom. I keep my balance low and always pay on time . Next stop is to see how high I can get Nordstrom to increase my Visa card
Message 11 of 50
PRose123
New Contributor

EXCELLENT and CONGRATULATIONS!!

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for the post. After reading your experience I decided to get it a try. I had my retail card since last May started with 300 limit. Tried to raise it after three months but had used the card enough. So I started using it and paying it off. Two months later called in and Nordstrom raised it to 4500. I was excited but after reading post here i new 5000 limit. So I wait another three months which was a few days ago. Only had a 300 balance. Called in again they increased my card to 8000 after reading your post . I decided to go in the store today just a few days after my increased. I do just as you asked for an upgrade know I would have to do a application. While waiting credit dept called me on my cell and asked some questions then side we approved you for the platinum car . I kept 500 on my Nordstrom card 7500 on the visa . My scores or Low 600 so it’s true it’s more about your payment history with Nordstrom. I keep my balance low and always pay on time . Next stop is to see how high I can get Nordstrom to increase my Visa card

World's Worst Gardener
Message 12 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question has anyone ever got upgraded from the nordstroms platinum visa card to the signture  visa card?

Message 13 of 50
DH1988
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question has anyone ever got upgraded from the nordstroms platinum visa card to the signture  visa card?

Yes, i did! I got an auto upgrade to the VS last summer.

Cap One QS (5/2008) $7k | Nordstrom VS (7/2017) $15k | Amex BCP (9/2018) $9.8k | Chase Freedom Flex (12/2018) $8.7k | NFCU Amex (9/2019) $31k | NFCU Flagship (12/2019) $15.2k | Discover it (10/20) $7k | Chase Sapphire Preferred (7/2021) $8k |

EXP/TU - 727
Message 14 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that’s great congrats! If you don’t mind me asking how long do you have visa before they upgraded you? I was thinking of asking next year after I get my limit a little higher.
Message 15 of 50
DH1988
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow that’s great congrats! If you don’t mind me asking how long do you have visa before they upgraded you? I was thinking of asking next year after I get my limit a little higher.

Thank you! Robot Happy It took about a year. I open the visa in July 2017 and it was upgraded to the VS in August 2018.

I'd suggest using and paying on the card as much as you can and getting that higher limit should be no problem. Just since I've had mine, my card has grown from $1500 --> $15k. Goodluck! 

Cap One QS (5/2008) $7k | Nordstrom VS (7/2017) $15k | Amex BCP (9/2018) $9.8k | Chase Freedom Flex (12/2018) $8.7k | NFCU Amex (9/2019) $31k | NFCU Flagship (12/2019) $15.2k | Discover it (10/20) $7k | Chase Sapphire Preferred (7/2021) $8k |

EXP/TU - 727
Message 16 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love Nordstroms. I started with the store card last year 300. Used it pad it off. 5 months they bump me up to 4500. Then I waited 4 mos. and in January they took me to 8k and I went in the store applied for the visa and I got my credit isn’t that good. So now I’m going to wait until June and try to get another increase hopefully to 15k
Message 17 of 50
PRose123
New Contributor

🤗Update! Nordstrom Store card CLI denied. I already am at $15K with only 2% Utilization. Nordstrom Visa CLI denied. It's maxed out AND over the limit by $8. 😜LOL. I've been a bad girl still. How about they DID approve SPLITTING the total balance evenly between the two cards so that now my store card limit is $10K (down from $15K) and my Nordy Visa limit is $10K as well (up from $5K)‼️The takeaway: Nordstrom will increase your limits even when you are maxed out and over the limit - without a hard pull‼️😳🤪I love Nordstroms‼️

World's Worst Gardener
Message 18 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats 🎊. I asked for an increase on my visa limit is 7500. Balance at 2k store card 500 limit bal zero. They denied my increase I think they did a soft pull my score has dropped to 580. They sent a letter stating they reason why I was diened was based on my credit . Do you think I should try to get my store card increased ? I’m working on my credit now and I’m going to pay down my Visa card .
Message 19 of 50
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Great success and post, enjoyed the read.  Congrats!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 20 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.