Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Visa / Store card

tag
lizabeth
Contributor

Nordstrom Visa / Store card

- Better to apply IN STORE or through internet? Any different chance for approval? I heard something about getting 20 Nordstrom bucks if you apply in store and spend $100 while you are there. Is this true? (The nearest nordstrom is 1.5 hours away....)

-In terms of visa/store card. Is is better to shoot high and go for the visa plat. and possibly getting rejected? Or just applying for the store card and then asking to upgrade? Is any way better than the other? Less inquiries?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Visa / Store card

I dont know if there is any special consideration if you apply in the store. I applied over the internet. Apply for Platinum and if you dont qualify for it then they would consider you for store card automatically. It is one of the best cards to have.
Message 2 of 18
lizabeth
Contributor

APPLIED.
how soon can i call a rep to see about being approved??
Message 3 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

You can call now and see what they say. Usually the approval is very quick. Call them.
Message 4 of 18
lizabeth
Contributor

APPROVED
for a store card?
very confused.
i applied for the visa and it was never even mentioned.

rep was indefinitely nice and said ' you are approved.' then i asked if the card could be rushed (going for a girls getaway soon)and he said 'we can't rush. store cards arrive in 7-10 days"...so apparently i only got the store card????? i wish he would've been more informational.  i was so fumbled that i forgot to ask about my CL!

once i get the apparent 'store card', should i speak to a supervisor (not customer rep) about getting the visa?
perhaps call back tomorrow to see what the REAL deal is?

p.s. he didnt even tell my what my APR is? is this normal?
with BoA they told me limit, apr, etc...all over the phone after i was approved.
Message Edited by lizabeth on 01-23-2009 01:18 PM
Message 5 of 18
oracles
Valued Contributor

I would call back again right now and ask for the cl and clarification on if it a store card or visa.

Most likely, you will get a different rep. No harm in calling again right now.

Message Edited by oracles on 01-23-2009 04:19 PM
Message 6 of 18
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:
I dont know if there is any special consideration if you apply in the store. I applied over the internet. Apply for Platinum and if you dont qualify for it then they would consider you for store card automatically. It is one of the best cards to have.

Hey concord,

I know they are suppose to have great customer service and low apr but what else is so great about this card? What type of rewards?

Message 7 of 18
lizabeth
Contributor

SAD!  called back and got another nice rep. she said its only a store card.
$2,000 limit with THE worst apr ever. 22.9    gag. i am gagging at that APR.
i was really really wanting the visa with the tier 1 apr (7.9%)...
i asked her about it and she said to put some usage on it (perhaps even 7 months worth)
and then if im ever in the store ask about an upgrade to the visa.
which i assume will come with a lowering of apr?

a tiny bit sad.  do i have any options in terms of speeding up this process of upgrades/lower apr?

Message 8 of 18
oracles
Valued Contributor

Do a search on here but I have read some people have gotten upgrades with putting little use to the card.

I think it took them about 6-7 months.

You will have to wait but you can do it.

Message 9 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Liz, stop feeling bad for your self. Many people could not even get the store card. I got my first card as store card with $2000 and I hardly use it and at the 6 month mark asked the for an upgrade to Visa. They approved the upgrade with a hard inq on Eq. Then I asked for CLI and they increased my CL to $7000. I am planning on asking for another CLI in the next couple of months or so and see if they would increase it to $15K. It is one of the best cards you can find out there. Search the posts and you'll not find a single complaint about this card. My Hearty Congractulations and welcome to Nordie Club. Trust me you'll not be disappointed with this card.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.