Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Visa / Store card

tag
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Visa / Store card

@Red1Blue wrote:
Liz, stop feeling bad for your self. Many people could not even get the store card. I got my first card as store card with $2000 and I hardly use it and at the 6 month mark asked the for an upgrade to Visa. They approved the upgrade with a hard inq on Eq. Then I asked for CLI and they increased my CL to $7000. I am planning on asking for another CLI in the next couple of months or so and see if they would increase it to $15K. It is one of the best cards you can find out there. Search the posts and you'll not find a single complaint about this card. My Hearty Congractulations and welcome to Nordie Club. Trust me you'll not be disappointed with this card.

+1

You don't have to use it much, and 7 months is usually the first point at which you can call them and ask for the upgrade to visa and a better tier rate.  They usually only move you one tier at a time.  So use it a couple times, and in 7 months I bet you will get a visa with one tier better interest rate.  Good luck.

Message 11 of 18
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

I totally agree with concorduser Smiley Happy 

i wish if i had this card,but i have to wait until my 8 inq drops from my cr .

Wish me luckSmiley Wink

Message Edited by creditdream on 01-24-2009 11:26 AM
Message 12 of 18
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

Congrats Liz Smiley Happy 
Message 13 of 18
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Hi, what credit scores do you need to get a nordstroms visa or store card. what credit bureau do they pull?
Message 14 of 18
score_building
Senior Contributor

elaine829 wrote:
Hi, what credit scores do you need to get a nordstroms visa or store card. what credit bureau do they pull?

i applied for the visa and didn't get it but was psyched to be approved for the store card (with the scores in my siggy)  i don't think they like to see inquries on EQ.

the store card is a v. cool looking card besides being one of the best imo.

they pulled EQ for me in nyc.

Message Edited by score_building on 04-29-2009 04:20 PM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 2 cents from Massachusetts: I applied for and received a Nordstrom store card with my scores as below. They pulled only Experian in MA.

TU 635 / Equifax 683 / Experian FAKO 697

Message 16 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My 2 cents from Massachusetts: I applied for and received a Nordstrom store card with my scores as below. They pulled only Experian in MA.

TU 635 / Equifax 683 / Experian FAKO 697

Interesting. They pulled EQ for me from NH.

Message 17 of 18
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, I am from Massachusetts and EQ only was pulled for me for the Nordstrom store card.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.