Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom store card requirements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom store card requirements

Anyone have recent luck getting approved for a nordstrom store card? I would like to know what they are looking for to approve. I know they pull eq but not sure about the rest. I don't have any retail cards and if I'm to add one think that's the one I'd want to add.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nordstrom store card requirements

From what I have heard scores closer to 680. They are very inq sensitive too (I know this first hand cuz I was denied last week). Why not try Macy's or Dillards first if you have them in your area?

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont mind waiting a little while, they looking at inqueries in last 12 or 24 months?
Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

INQ last 12 months.

To other poster although Macy's is probably much easier to get, Macy's nor Dillards are even close to the same playing field as Nordstrom!

I don't think you need close to 680 to get approved, it's really going to come down to INQ and what is on reports making score lower... but once you are in then you are set and they will give CLI and upgrade to Visa in 6-12 months if you treat them good and use it.

Message 4 of 6
dharalex
Established Contributor

I applied with a 702 score online. I apped for the visa, but I got the processing message. When I called the next day, they gave me my choice of store or Visa. BTW, if you choose to apply for visa, you are automatically considered for the store card. I had 2 inq at the time.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 5 of 6
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

May be tough for some people, here are some experiences:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Nordstrom-store-card-requirements/td-p/1176869

I wouldn't say that's a safe chance to take if you're trying to build or rebuild credit, but if you have a descent history looks like you may be ok.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.