Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstroms VISA Card, good/bad?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Nordstroms VISA Card, good/bad?

I've heard they are easy to get,any advice about this card?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Nordstroms VISA Card, good/bad?

@MountainHiker wrote:

From what I hear they are difficult to get, I think theyre are a few member with it here hopefully they will chime in.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 8
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

From what I hear they are difficult to get, I think theyre are a few member with it here hopefully they will chime in.

+1.....Yeah I've heard the same thing.  They also are extremely inquiry sensitive....scores need to be in the high 700's too I'm told....but again, maybe someone who has the cc that will have more information.

Slowly building....
Message 3 of 8
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Thanks!!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 4 of 8
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Probably need a 700+ with no baddies to get the Visa right off the bat.  Otherwise, it's about 680 for the store card, which you'll be able to convert into the Siggy card after about 6 months.  If you don't shop there though, the rewards don't really mean much.  There's a travel rewards option, but many other CCs have better travel rewards.     

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They seem difficult to get and in past couple years WAY WORSE then Barclay about INQ!!!

700+ and under 2 INQ and if they even sense INQ around you they will hit a 2nd report, I have even seen MANY posts about getting approved either instant or recon and then even before card arrives or within first month, go in and hit a 2nd report and see the inq you were thinking you got by with a closing the account!

However once in, they are very easy for CLI, reduce interest tiers, and upgrade to Visa and they use to be my #1 on BEST PEOPLE/BANK EVER to deal with! I miss them! they were in my BK 13, but use to do ALL the Private events in Chicago... Talk about fun!

Message 6 of 8
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I got the Visa Siggy with a $10k limit this past April.

Scores were 750's at the time and I had 12 INQ's. I thought I would just get the store card and was quite surprised when the Visa approval came!

I only use this card for clothing purchases to keep it active. Always fun to pay with this card at Macy's.  LOL

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 7 of 8
Open123
Super Contributor

I think this is one of the best store cards out there.  

What really seperates Nordstrom's is their extremely high level of customer service and satisfaction, which certainly extends to this card.  Nordstrom's is the only department store I know of where you can return a gift, and they'll just give you cash to save you the inconvenience of statement credits.  

If you shop here often, this card is definitely worth it.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.