Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstroms question

tag
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Nordstroms question

I really, really want a Nordstroms card as they are building a new one in Bham..it's gonna be awesome and I already shop online there...I have some questions first though..

First of all does anyone know if they are BK friendly as I have a Ch 7 from 2004..

Second..what about inquiries, I have 5 on Eq which I think what the primarly pull..would that prevent me from getting a card??

Any input would be most helpful!!

As always Thanks!!

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nordstroms question

Hi bamagirl,

Can't speak about the BK since I have not had one. (knock on wood), but when I applied for Nordstrom I had 6 INQ's on my EQ (three form a car loan) and was denied for too many INQ's.  This was back in November.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont know if they are BK friendly, but I do know they dont like too many inq's in a 3 month period.  I got denied for 3 inquiries within 3 months of app.  I called the number on the denial letter and the very nice person I spoke to said to try again after 3 months with no inquiries and I shouldnt have a problem with getting approved.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't answer if they are bk friendly.But im sure someone here will chime in about that. I was approved about 10 months ago with a fico of 713 and they did pull EQ and also TU.

BTW I think Nordstrom has the best customer service out there...

Message 4 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Dont know about Bk. I got my card when my scores were around 680 on EQ. They gave me $2k Store card and later upgraded to Visa. Now it is at $9k CL and hoping to get a Cl to $10K in the next 4 months or so. 
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great customer service, be aware they don't seem to offer balance transfer offers, at least from what I've read. I think they are looking at 700+ for their Visa cards and 680 for the store card, but I don't have the link to where I saw that
Message 6 of 7
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, I just recieved a Nordstrom store credit card last month(although the only reason I applied I was sent a pre-qualified letter in the mail) I do have a BK on my credit report from year 99,they pulled EQ only my score at the time was 685 and 2 inquiries at that time, cl given $750.00  Hopefully that helps.  Good Luck.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.