Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Feeling Citi AT ALL!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Not Feeling Citi AT ALL!

Yep me like the QS Imperfecture Smiley Happy I am just amazed at my new experience with Cap One. They are like a totally different company with their prime cards!
Message 71 of 91
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Yep me like the QS Imperfecture Smiley Happy I am just amazed at my new experience with Cap One. They are like a totally different company with their prime cards!

Seriously. For all the "crap one" bashing I've had zero problems. Card has grown in limit over time and I haven't even had it a full year yet. I will see if the APR can be reduced when it starts kicking in in September (that's when my 0% ends).

Message 72 of 91
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

Just over a week ago Citi turned me down for the DC. I have high scores and 1% UTIL. I was told I had too many INQ. Apparently I don't fit the profile they want, so they can KMA Smiley Happy I don't need them.

Vulc. just curious. did you go thru the pre approval?. as i just did and pretty much got offered all their cards. 7 in total. but not sure. will they decline even after getting pre approval. This is my first with them ever. never got one before.

Message 73 of 91
baller4life
Super Contributor

Taxi Citi's preapprovals are pretty solid. Especially if you are given an exact apr and not just a range. That's how I got mine's.
Message 74 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

Just over a week ago Citi turned me down for the DC. I have high scores and 1% UTIL. I was told I had too many INQ. Apparently I don't fit the profile they want, so they can KMA Smiley Happy I don't need them.

Vulc. just curious. did you go thru the pre approval?. as i just did and pretty much got offered all their cards. 7 in total. but not sure. will they decline even after getting pre approval. This is my first with them ever. never got one before.

Yes, that's why I carried through with applying for the Citi DC. I was also approved for 2 other cards. The DC also had a specific APR, so I thought it was a no-brainer.

I since applied for the Sallie Mae WMC and was approved for $2,500 with them. I'm leaning heavily on moving all of my Barclay Reward to the SM and closing the Reward so I'll have a $9,500 CL on SM. I'm happy to use a bank that has confidence in me such as Barclay. And, the SM is 13.99% APR after the 0% APR intro.

Message 75 of 91
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

Yes, that's why I carried through with applying for the Citi DC. I was also approved for 2 other cards. The DC also had a specific APR, so I thought it was a no-brainer.

I since applied for the Sallie Mae WMC and was approved for $2,500 with them. I'm leaning heavily on moving all of my Barclay Reward to the SM and closing the Reward so I'll have a $9,500 CL on SM. I'm happy to use a bank that has confidence in me such as Barclay. And, the SM is 13.99% APR after the 0% APR intro.

Better to wait for mailers.

Signature needs updating
Message 76 of 91
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Seriously. For all the "crap one" bashing I've had zero problems. Card has grown in limit over time and I haven't even had it a full year yet. I will see if the APR can be reduced when it starts kicking in in September (that's when my 0% ends).

I must say, I've done my fair share of Capital One bashing because I've had their cards in the past, and I regularly received 1-star, low class, and all around bad service with them. I decided to give them another shot last week with the Venture only because I could get it without the triple pull, and because I wanted the $400. Of course, I did get that massive limit I thought I would going in. I'm maintaining an open mind this time around, and I will certainly consider PCing and keeping them around after the first year if I like the experience.

I still believe they can do more with their products, however. Also, I have an issue with their APRs too. I can get almost the lowest APR on my PenFed card, but the highest advertised for the Venture... both made their decisions in the same month based off of EQ. 

Message 77 of 91
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Cap1 use to suck, before your time KDM with Cap1... So you didn't see the bad part of Cap1 how they use to be even with "good"" credit you would get crappy limits...If you would of appplied 2 to 3 years ago that limit you had would be 4 to 5k tops after many calls to the EOSmiley Happy.  If you would of had a card back then you would be singing a different tone.  

With that said they have changed their business practices within the last year and actually want to be taken seriously as a lender.  This is why I appllied for the Venture/QS "prime cards" and will be purging the other two QS's I have.   

I agree QS has the easiest rewards program at 1.5% redemption no mininum...  With that said the DC 2% is obviously better redemption and most people don't cash out before $25 regardless.  I know I don't say if I have $5 in rewards on my QS I don't cash it out.. Probably between all my cards I have about 2.5k in cashback of some sort sitting there waiting for me to cash out...  Probably not the smarest thing, but I just consider it money in the bank and will cash it out on my next trip.

Message 78 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Yes, I even considered pc'ing to DC at my one year mark. But, I have Navy Fed Cashrewards and QS at 1.5% cashback. So, I'm good!

My thoughts exactly!  I think thats a great idea!  

Message 79 of 91
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

Better to wait for mailers.

Thanks imperfect  I'm waiting for sure. No need to rush. I know I'm on their radar now. Smiley Wink

Funny thing. My brother who is serial apper. Got mailers for diamond preferred. He has 14 plus new accounts. He got approved for 1k. No thanks. 

Message 80 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.