cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to enroll for 5% Csh Back on my New Freedom Visa !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not able to enroll for 5% Csh Back on my New Freedom Visa !

My Starbucks Duetto Visa has been PC to Freedom Visa, and it shows at on-line acct. 

I tried to enroll for 5% Bonus Categories and get this message ...

The information you entered is not recognized. Please reference your printed offer or e-mail. Also remember that if you have multiple accounts, this promotion pertains only to the account number indicated by your offer.

Has anyone got same message like this?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not able to enroll for 5% Csh Back on my New Freedom Visa !

Did you just PC? I would say wait until the current bill closes.

What happened to me was that I PCed my BoA from student card to cash back, got a new number, got a new card (showed in online banking as cash back card, but couldn't login the cash back website) I was able to login the cash back website after the bill closes.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not able to enroll for 5% Cash Back on my New Freedom Visa !

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you just PC? I would say wait until the current bill closes.

What happened to me was that I PCed my BoA from student card to cash back, got a new number, got a new card (showed in online banking as cash back card, but couldn't login the cash back website) I was able to login the cash back website after the bill closes.

Chase did due to the contract has ended with Starbucks on Starbucks Duetto Visa by March 31, 2010.  

It will be exactly same card number and same everything, difference is card design and rewards program.

The closing date is 16th ...  So I have to wait tem more days or so????   Then I am loosing the opportunity to earn the 5% until then.  

This is not good service.  

Message 3 of 9
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Re: Not able to enroll for 5% Csh Back on my New Freedom Visa !

Since it was a "product trade," you are not eligible for the 5% cash back. Only those CC holders who app'd and were approved for the Freedom are eligible (according to Chase).
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uniqua wrote:
Since it was a "product trade," you are not eligible for the 5% cash back. Only those CC holders who app'd and were approved for the Freedom are eligible (according to Chase).

Really?   So, the rep gave me wrong info again.  She said I am eligible for it.    Now I am so confused about this card's rewards program.  I am still waiting for a new card to arrive.   Did you have Starbucks Duetto Visa also?

In the other hand, I got an offer again ... just came in the mail.

You are Pre-Approved for Chase Freedom with Exclusive Benefits      * Doesn't know about Visa or MC until actually get approve.

0% APR through Oct 10' / then 13.24%

$5 or 4% BT Fee

Fact:

・ My current Chase Freedom MC Rewards will change to this one next month

・ My Starbucks Duetto Visa is now Chase Freedom Visa      * Not clear about Rewards program on this card.

・ The APR on Chase Freedom Visa is 13.24%, which is same as  Pre-Approved offer.

Since it is same APR, if Chase give me a Visa  upon my app and approved  ...  

I am not looking for to get large CL, any amount I will take it.

Question:   

Is there any possibility to migrate both ccs?  

I think someone said Chase does not do it these days.  

What do you know about it?  What do you think about it?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless it's stated specifically that 5% cash back is only for new cardmember, I think you're eligible. Since you mentioned that you're waiting for the new card, the PC is new. Just wait until this statement closes.

Message 6 of 9
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Your CC is not eligible, so don't bother waiting for your first statement. Look at it this way, you know how some CCCs will offer you 10,000 (or more or less) bonus points after your first qualifying purchase on a NEW CC following credit app and approval? It's the same principle here. If you already have a CC with that particular CCC and you product change it to the card that's offering the bonus points, you would not be eligible for those perks since they did not do a credit check to open the account (thus the reason why you keep the same account number, etc.). It is not a new application, or an application at all. Just a product change. I hope that made sense! I have my experience on this subject with Chase. I hate to leave long posts which is why I did not post my experience here. However, if you want to know my dealings with them, let me know.
Message 7 of 9
Uniqua
Established Contributor

BTW, with Chase, you NEVER know what information you will get when speaking to their CSRs. It's not that they are withholding information from you, they truly do not know. I believe the current rewards for your Starbucks Duetto Visa turned Freedom Visa are 1% back for every $1 of net purchases (double check that to make sure as I am not 100% sure). If you shop through the Ultimate Rewards Mall, you can earn additional cash back that way. Should you app for the Chase Freedom Visa? In my opinion, NO! Three CCs with Chase is way too much and the perks are simply not worth the inquiry hit. And no, Chase is not allowing the combining of credit limits onto one CC right now. But then you just may get the right person on the phone when you call to ask about it. So, who knows anything for sure. Remember, with Chase, YMMV.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uniqua wrote:
Your CC is not eligible, so don't bother waiting for your first statement. Look at it this way, you know how some CCCs will offer you 10,000 (or more or less) bonus points after your first qualifying purchase on a NEW CC following credit app and approval? It's the same principle here. If you already have a CC with that particular CCC and you product change it to the card that's offering the bonus points, you would not be eligible for those perks since they did not do a credit check to open the account (thus the reason why you keep the same account number, etc.). It is not a new application, or an application at all. Just a product change. I hope that made sense! I have my experience on this subject with Chase. I hate to leave long posts which is why I did not post my experience here. However, if you want to know my dealings with them, let me know.

Yes, could you?   ...     please share your experience with us.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.