Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not eligible for rate reduction with NFCU

tag
Slim1Der
Frequent Contributor

Not eligible for rate reduction with NFCU

This was interesting. My 1 year anniversary with my CashRewards was May 7th. Today I called them asking for a rate reduction and without much research, they told me that I was not eligible due to my credit score and credit history. Now, mind you, I have not been late once, not even close. I've also since opened a 5/5 ARM mortgage with them. I don't understand really. They haven't ran my credit sine my mortgage application. Unless it was a SP. Even still, my scores now are much higher than they were when I applied for the card. BTW, my APR for the card is 14.65%. Is this the lowest available for this card?

One more bit of information, my CL is currently at $43,000 and I have a balance of $18,600. This was from their BT offer a few months back at 2.99%. This shouldn't make a difference should it?

EX - 751 EQ - 732 TU - 752
Over $200k in revolving credit lines
10% Overall UTI
BK Discharge Jan 2009
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not eligible for rate reduction with NFCU

@Slim1Der wrote:

This was interesting. My 1 year anniversary with my CashRewards was May 7th. Today I called them asking for a rate reduction and without much research, they told me that I was not eligible due to my credit score and credit history. Now, mind you, I have not been late once, not even close. I've also since opened a 5/5 ARM mortgage with them. I don't understand really. They haven't ran my credit sine my mortgage application. Unless it was a SP. Even still, my scores now are much higher than they were when I applied for the card. BTW, my APR for the card is 14.65%. Is this the lowest available for this card?

One more bit of information, my CL is currently at $43,000 and I have a balance of $18,600. This was from their BT offer a few months back at 2.99%. This shouldn't make a difference should it?

9.65% is the lowest for that card.  Not sure why they won't give a reduction.  CreditAddict would know better if this can be appealed but maybe send them a secured message asking for a reconsideration

Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Not eligible for rate reduction with NFCU

@Anonymous wrote:

@Slim1Der wrote:

9.65% is the lowest for that card.  Not sure why they won't give a reduction.  CreditAddict would know better if this can be appealed but maybe send them a secured message asking for a reconsideration

I have had no such luck with my cards either... I'm waiting to November to request on my Flagship and Platinum but my cash rewards has $25k limit and 17-18% apr and they wouldn't even lower it 1%... You can't recon it either, it's a computer system... they literally click a button when you ask and it spits back and answer... it's like discover!

but yearly instead of monthly you can ask... sorry.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.