Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not even a horse race anymore!

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Not even a horse race anymore!

Hello all,

As you can see by my siggy below, my Discover it is falling behind at an alarming rate, ahead of only Target, which is trash...lol! Even Cap1 is outdoing Discover. I SD'd Discover for the holidays due to no luv whatsoever. It has now taken over Cap1 as the "bubble gum" card of my lineup. I feel better now...lol.Smiley Wink

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
chwebb1
Established Contributor

Re: Not even a horse race anymore!

Why don't you close the account if it doesn't serve a purpose for you?

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 2 of 6
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@chwebb1 wrote:

If it had an AF, I wouldn't think twice about closing it. Plus, there is always that glimmer of hope that Discover will auto CLI me...Smiley Surprised

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 6
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@chwebb1 wrote:

If it had an AF, I wouldn't think twice about closing it. Plus, there is always that glimmer of hope that Discover will auto CLI me...Smiley Surprised

Have you tried a SP CLI over the phone? Also, you could just give you Discover CL to me... if only Smiley Sad.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 4 of 6
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Maybe you need to ASK for an increase. I've had mine 3 mos and just got a $2100 bump-but I had to take a HP to get it. And my credit is not 100% perfect-but improving.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 5 of 6
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Maybe you need to ASK for an increase. I've had mine 3 mos and just got a $2100 bump-but I had to take a HP to get it. And my credit is not 100% perfect-but improving.

No luck there either, my friend...lol. I have been calling in for a CLI since it reached 6 months, since August. The rep always wants to HP me, and I decline. I don't want a HP for a CLI, especially if I am not sure what amount they are going to offer. I always ask to be increased to a $5K CL. I also ask what they can offer via a SP and they always say it MUST be a HP for a customer initiated CLI. Thus, it is in the SD until some luv comes my way...Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.