Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting bonus for shopping through Chase UR

tag
CraigHwk
Regular Contributor

Not getting bonus for shopping through Chase UR

I'm a new Chase Freedom card holder and I like the idea of being able to get bonus points for select stores through their UR website.   Unfortuantely I don't seem to be getting credited for the extra points whenever I do so.   Last week I clicked through to Walgreens, made a purchase, and a few days later when it showed up on my rewards activity, I just got 1% back, not 3+1% as it showed on the rewards site.   I also made purchases at Shoes.com (7%) and Lowes (4%) and only got 1% for those as well.

Is there a trick to making this work?  I was using a web browser (Safar) with no ad blocks or any privacy extensions installed.  Thankfully CS was able to credit me for Walgreens and hopefully will do the same for my two recent purchases, but it's going to be a pain having to call them every time.

USAA MC ✪ Amex BCP, SPG, Platinum ✪ Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Marriott Rewards, United Explorer ✪ Discover IT ✪ CapOne QS ✪ Fidelity Visa ✪ BarclaysPlatinum Rewards ✪ Citi Double Cash

Starting EX FICO (2010): 513 | Current FICO: EX 759, EQ: 773, TU: 761
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not getting bonus for shopping through Chase UR

Do you have the ebates cash back button, or anything else similar installed that may have interfered? The reason I ask is because I made a purchase through the UR site with Joann.com and also clicked on the ebates button. The shopping trip showed up through ebates, but I didn't get the credit through Chase. I made another purchase last night through Bed Bath and Beyond using the portal through the UR site, but without clicking the ebates button this time, but I won't know if I got the bonus until it clears the pending charges. I do have Ad Blocker installed though, didn't know that could interfer with it Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 13
CraigHwk
Regular Contributor

When I first shopped at Walgreens, I used Chrome and had AdBlock installed (disabled for Chase pages).  No Ebates or any other extensions.

For my recent two, I used Safari which has nothing installed either. Fresh install basically.  Still the same issue.     Hopefully Chase CS will continue their kindness of crediting the points.

USAA MC ✪ Amex BCP, SPG, Platinum ✪ Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Marriott Rewards, United Explorer ✪ Discover IT ✪ CapOne QS ✪ Fidelity Visa ✪ BarclaysPlatinum Rewards ✪ Citi Double Cash

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully they will, but still a pain to have to call each time. My card is only two weeks old, so I still don't quite know how it all works as far as receiving the extra rewards and how long it should take. I know sometimes it takes longer for some stores to clear through ebates though, something about when the merchant submits the info to ebates. Maybe that's a question Chase can answer, if there is some kind of delay on the merchant's end that's causing it to not post yet. I really don't know, just kind of throwing ideas out there. Maybe somebody with some more experience on this will chime in. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty sure it can take a statement or two for the points to appear.

Message 5 of 13
CreditMENA
New Contributor

You're not the only one to experience this. I have an excel spreadsheet that I keep track when I purchase things through Chase UR including the date, time, points amount, and a screenshot of the transition screen. Takes only 30 seconds to keep track of and I send it to chase and they give me the points right away when it doesn't post.

Their sensitivity to cookies really messes it up sometimes.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

sometimes it takes about a week, then you get an email that you've earned bonus points

Message 7 of 13
CraigHwk
Regular Contributor

Right on.  Maybe I'll just keep track of what I'm missing and give it a bit to see if they add the bonus points.  I figured they would be automatic, but sounds like there might be a delay.

Thanks for the help.

Message 8 of 13
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

It's not automatic with transaction posting.  It usually takes me at least a week or two for it to show up on the UR page....sometimes a little longer.

Just give it some time.  If nothing shows up by 3 weeks, give Chase CS a call.

Message 9 of 13
CraigHwk
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the help again.  They did indeed start crediting me the bonus points several days after the order.    Good to know I just need to be patient with them in the future!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.